Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Coming already happened (A.D. 70)?
I had a lot more regarding parallels between Revelation and Josephus but instead of making a new reply with the Clement of Alexandria material, I accidentally edited the old post, so here is a part of it that I can bear to type out again.

Larry Kelsey Wrote:For verse 21 to be accurate prophecy from Yeshua, that would mean a greater tribulation / distress / suffering than even the combined German / Russian pogroms, wouldn't it?

Maran Eshoo said the Gospel would be preached to the entire "world" and then the end would come. The "world" doesn't necessarily mean the entire globe, but the world surrounding Israel (Acts 11:28 ). And, Paul said that the Gospel had already been preached throughout the world (Romans 1:8, Col. 1:6, etc).

Larry Kelsey Wrote:Let's look at those last words of verse 21 again..."...such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be." I'm certainly not trying to see how much evil I can muster for Israel's future, but doesn't verse 21 (straight from the lips of Yeshua no less) have profound implications here?

"<b>Whereas the war which the Jews made with the Romans hath been the greatest of all those, not only that have been in our times, but, in a manner, of those that were ever heard of (1); both of those wherein cities have fought against cities, or nations against nations</b>; while some men who were not concerned in the affair themselves, have gotten together vain and contradictory stories by heresay , and have written them down after a sophistical manner; and while those things that were then present have given false accounts of things, and this either out of a humour of flattery to the Romans, or of a hatred to the Jews; and while their writings contain sometimes accusations, and sometimes ecomiums, but nowhere the accurate truth of the facts, I have proposed to myself, for the sake of such as live under the government of the Romans, to translate those books into the Greek tongue, which I formerly composed in the language of our own country, and sent to the Upper Barbarians; I, Joseph, the son of Matthias, by birth a Hebrew, a priest also, and one who at first fought against the Romans myself, and was forced to be present at what was done afterwards, [am the author of this work.] (Josephus, The Wars of The Jews, Preface)

Shlama, Craig

Messages In This Thread
. - by drmlanc - 02-07-2004, 02:44 PM
Re: . - by Craig - 02-07-2004, 03:12 PM
Re: - by Larry Kelsey - 02-08-2004, 03:06 AM
Re: - by Craig - 02-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Re: - by Craig - 02-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Re: - by Craig - 02-10-2004, 04:25 PM