Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
_The Peshitta Holy Bible_ translated by David Bauscher
Do you think Revelation 10:1 originally had:
"mighty angel"?
"another mighty angel"?
"another angel"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"rainbow"?
"[rain]bow of heaven"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"his face"? 
"his appearance"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"feet were like pillars of fire"?
"legs were like pillars of fire"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 10:1 
World English Bible
I saw a mighty angel coming down out of the sky, clothed with a cloud. A rainbow was on his head. His face was like the sun, and his feet like pillars of fire.
King James Bible
And I saw another mighty angel come down from heaven, clothed with a cloud: and a rainbow was upon his head, and his face was as it were the sun, and his feet as pillars of fire:
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
And I saw another Angel who descended from Heaven and he wore a cloud and a rainbow of the sky on his head and his appearance was like the Sun, and his legs like pillars of fire.

Revelation 10:1 - And I saw another angel descending from heaven, clothed with a cloud, and the (rain)bow of heaven was over his head. His sight was like the sun and his legs were like pillars of fire.
       another - this is the reading of the Greek NA28, TR and of the Aramaic Peshitta, but this word is missing in the reading of the Greek MHT. In the reading of the Greek NA28 and TR we read below: 'strong', but this word is missing in the reading of the Greek MHT and of the Aramean Peshitta.
       the (rain) arch of heaven - literally 'the arch of heaven.' This is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR is simply: 'rainbow'.
       his face - only from the Aramaic Peshitta is the reading: 'his appearance'.
       legs - we follow the Aramaic Peshitta here, because the translation 'feet' as it comes from the Greek, does not correspond with the sequel namely 'pillars of fire'. The Aramaic word in the Peshitta stands for both the leg (especially for the lower leg) and the foot.

http://dukhrana.com/lexicon/word.php?adr...ize=125%25
1  appearance  ....
it appeared to be larger than its fellow. .... for you are a woman of beautiful appearance. (a) aspect  Syr. (b) image, look, form  Sam.
2  vision (dream, prophetic, etc.) ....
in nighttime visions. .... I showed him the vision.  .... he made the menorah just like the vision that the Lord showed .... a false vision .... visions of the day. (a) miracle ....
3  sight  Sam, Syr. P Ma1:1 . P Mt28:3 . (a) eye  Sam.
4  pl. idols  Sam.

============================================.
Do you think Revelation 10:4 originally had:
"thunders uttered their voices"? 
"thunders spoke"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"voice from heaven say"?
"voice from heaven say to me"?
"voice from heaven, from the seventh (angel) say"? (a possible way to construe Crawford)
"voice from the seventh heaven say"? (a more-obvious way to construe Crawford)

Revelation 10:4 
New International Version
And when the seven thunders spoke, I was about to write; but I heard a voice from heaven say, "Seal up what the seven thunders have said and do not write it down."
King James Bible
And when the seven thunders had uttered their voices, I was about to write: and I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Seal up those things which the seven thunders uttered, and write them not.
And when the seven thunders spoke, I was ready to write, and I heard a voice from The Seventh Heaven, which said, “Seal that which the seven thunders spoke and do not write it.” 

Revelation 10:4 - When the seven thunders had spoken, I wanted to write (it) down, (but) I heard [a voice from the seventh heaven] say, "Seal up what the seven thunders have spoken, write not it down."
       had spoken - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28 and MHT. The reading of the Greek TR reads: “When the seven thunders uttered their voices” (cf. Ps. 29).
       from the seventh heaven - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. It is also possible (but less obvious in my opinion) to read: ‘from heaven, from the seventh (angel)’. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'from heaven', to which the reading of the Greek TR adds: 'against me'. 

Do you think Revelation 10:5 originally had:
"his right hand"?
"his hand"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 10:5 
Then the angel I had seen standing on the sea and on the land raised his right hand to heaven.
King James Bible
And the angel which I saw stand upon the sea and upon the earth lifted up his hand to heaven,
And the Angel whom I saw was standing on The Sea and upon the dry land, raising his hand to Heaven. 

Revelation 10:5 - The Angel whom I saw standing on the sea and on the land lifted up his hand to heaven
       the land - or: 'on the earth'.
       his hand - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek TR. The reading of the Greek NA28 and MHT reads: 'his right hand'.

Do you think Revelation 10:6 originally had "and the sea and all that is in it"? (the Crawford ms. doesn't have that)

Revelation 10:6 
And he swore by him who lives for ever and ever, who created the heavens and all that is in them, the earth and all that is in it, and the sea and all that is in it, and said, "There will be no more delay!
King James Bible
And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
And he swore by him who lives to the eternity of eternities, him who created Heaven and that which is in it, and The Earth, and that which is in it: “Time shall be no more.”

Revelation 10:6 - and He swore by Him who lives forever and ever, who created the heavens and (all) that is therein, and the earth and (all) that is therein: “There shall be no time (anymore) to be!
       created the earth .... In the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR it follows below: 'and created the sea and (everything) that is therein'.

Do you think Revelation 10:8 originally had:
"on the sea and on land"?
"on land and on the sea"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 10:8 
Then the voice that I had heard from heaven spoke to me once more: "Go, take the scroll that lies open in the hand of the angel who is standing on the sea and on the land."
King James Bible
And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
And I heard a voice from Heaven again speaking with me and it said, “Go take the little scroll that is in the hand of the Angel who stands on the land and upon the Sea.”

Revelation 10:8 - I heard the voice from heaven speak to me again and He said: “Go, take the (little) scroll that is in the hand of the Angel who stands on the land and on the sea! ”
       on the land and on the sea - or: 'on the earth and on the sea'. This is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR is just the opposite: 'on the sea and on land'.

Do you think Revelation 10:9 originally had:
"told him, Give me the little scroll"?
"told him to give me the little scroll"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"be sweet as honey"?
"be as honey"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 10:9 
So I went to the angel and asked him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, "Take it and eat it. It will turn your stomach sour, but 'in your mouth it will be as sweet as honey.'"
King James Bible
And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
And I went to the Angel and I told him to give me the little scroll and he said to me, “Take and eat it and your belly will be bitter to you, but it will be like honey in your mouth.”

Revelation 10:9 - I went to the angel and told him to give me the little scroll. He said to me, “Take it and eat it. He will make your belly bitter, but in your mouth it will be (sweet) as honey.”
       to give me the little scroll - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of the Greek NA28 and MHT. Only from the Greek TR reads: "Give me the booklet!"
       sweet - in the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta this word does not occur, but in the reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR.

Do you think Revelation 10:11 originally had:
"they said"?
"he said"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

"You must prophesy again"?
"Time is given to you once more to prophesy"? (the Crawford ms. contains that)

Revelation 10:11 
Berean Literal Bible
And they say to me, "It is necessary for you to prophesy again concerning many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings."King James Bible
And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.
And he said to me, “A time is given to you again to prophesy unto the nations and peoples and languages and many Kings.”

Revelation 10:11 - (Then) He said to me, "Time is given to you once more to prophesy to the peoples and nations and tongues and to many kings."
       He said - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta and of Greek TR, but the reading of the Greek NA28 and MHT is: 'they said'.
       You will once again be given time to ... - this is the reading of the Aramaic Peshitta. The reading of the Greek NA28, MHT and TR reads: 'You must again ...'

Messages In This Thread
RE: _The Peshitta Holy Bible_ translated by David Bauscher - by DavidFord - 06-07-2021, 06:29 PM