Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aramaic English New Testament 4th Ed.
Thirdwoe Wrote:He does not seem to like to be called a Christian,
Nope, but, funny story... when he was in Jerusalem he got lost and accidentally ended up on the Temple mount. As soon as he realized where he was there was this Muslim guard who pointed at him and said "you, muslim??" In his mind he was thinking "what do I say? Should I tell him I'm Netzari? Maybe he'll get that confused and think I'm saying Notzri, or..." in the midst of his thoughts, the armed guard once again aggressively says "you, muslim??" and then Roth, surprising himself, yells out "CHRISTIAN!" A light bulb moment perhaps which proves that when it comes down to it, we really are one body.

Thirdwoe Wrote:He seems to believe that all Gentiles must come under the Law of Moses (most of it anyways) to walk right before God
I'm sorry, but this statement is incorrect and misleading. To be under the Law means to be under it's condemnation because the Law reveals our sin and the penalty for sin is death. But as we clearly know, there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. So nobody who follows Messiah is "under the Law", rather, we are free from it's ability to condemn us to death on judgment day. But we are not free from our mandate of living holy, righteous lifestyles, and this is what Roth teaches. He simply believes that a holy, righteous lifestyle would be following the Torah as given to Moses. He also believes that to follow the Torah of Moses correctly one has to do it "in Messiah" according to the Holy Spirit and the way in which Messiah interpreted and taught it.

Just a clarification for what is taught in Roth's notes. He makes it very clear that his teaching of Torah Observance is not coming "under the Law". That is a very gross misunderstanding of the text.

One thing Roth also says about his commentary is that it is not for mainstream Christians but for those who have already been convinced of Torah Observance and have joined the Hebraic Roots movement. I learned this the hard way by giving an AENT to a headstrong Baptist girl I was courting a few years ago, lol!

I should also mentioned that I concur with the comments from the first few posters in regards to the translation accuracy. If you'd like a detailed review from my end, click here.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Aramaic English New Testament 4th Ed. - by Luc Lefebvre - 07-30-2012, 10:07 PM