A MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT

Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Home Conferences Peshitta (Public)
Original message

Andrew Gabriel Roth EMail Andrew Gabriel RothCheck IP address of this member "A MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT"
Aug-19-2003 at 01:01 PM (GMT3)
Shlama all--

I'm happy to announce that I have just finished the final edits on RUACH QADIM, the only book I am aware of to show Peshitta originality in all 22 books of the eastern canon and do a serious study of possible Aramaic influence on the Western 5. There is also a lengthy section refuting the Old Syriac Gospels and Hebrew versions of Matthew.

Also, Akhi Paul, with your permission, I would dearly love to post a sample chapter in pdf format on peshitta.org. (I have the full Adobe Acrobat now and it makes superb files with no formatting problems!)

As for the rest of my colleagues and friends here, I will be posting more details on when the book will be available and in what format in the coming weeks. For now, know that I am grateful to all of you, because without your constant ideas and encouragement (esp. Paul, Larry, Dean and Rob), this book could not have been written.

Todah rabbah!

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Table of contents

RE: A MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT
Larry_Kelsey — Aug-19-2003 at 06:48 PM (1)
Keith — Aug-19-2003 at 08:08 PM (4)
ograabe — Aug-19-2003 at 08:08 PM (2)
abudar2000 — Aug-19-2003 at 08:08 PM (3)
Andrew Gabriel Roth — Aug-20-2003 at 02:53 AM (5)
Dean — Aug-20-2003 at 07:08 PM (6)
RE: RUACH QADIM
ograabe — Aug-21-2003 at 06:25 PM (7)
RE: RUACH QADIM
Andrew Gabriel Roth — Aug-22-2003 at 05:18 AM (8)
Andrew Gabriel Roth — Sep-01-2003 at 08:28 PM (9)
Larry_Kelsey — Sep-01-2003 at 09:07 PM (10)

Lobby | Forum Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic
Messages in this topic

Larry_Kelsey EMail Larry_KelseyView member profileCheck IP address of this member 1. "RE: A MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT"
Aug-19-2003 at 06:48 PM (GMT3)
Shlama Akhi Andrew,

Congratulations, akhi! It's really satisfying to know that we've played such an important role as a team in a work that I'm sure has taken many man-hours to collate and write. May it gain much attention from students and scholars alike!

Shlama w'Burkate, Larry Kelsey

Keith EMail KeithView member profileCheck IP address of this member 4. "RE: A MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT"
Aug-19-2003 at 08:08 PM (GMT3)
Andrew,

Congratulations, I'll look forward to reading the book. You still owe me an autograph on your first book . Let us know of the publication date. You are an asset to not only the Aramaic Primacy movement but to all Christians in general. I'm proud to call you my friend.

Keith

ograabe EMail ograabeView member profileCheck IP address of this member 2. "RE: A MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT"
August 19, 2003

Great news! How soon can I order a copy and from whom?

Sincerely,

Otto

P.S. I really enjoyed reading "Signs of the Cross".

abudar2000 EMail abudar2000View member profileCheck IP address of this member 3. "RE: A MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT"
Shlomo akh Andrew,

Congratulation!

I look forward towards its release!

poosh bahslomo,
Keepa-Moroown

Andrew Gabriel Roth EMail Andrew Gabriel RothCheck IP address of this member 5. "RE: A MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT"
Aug-20-2003 at 02:53 AM (GMT3)
Todah rabbah Akhay,

Basically, where I am leaning right now is to release it on CD-Rom first. This is meant as a way to help me raise money for its final publication in case my colleague is unable to publish it. I may also elect to get it spirally bound and make the hard copy available sooner, depending on how things go.

I am getting the materials together to burn the pdf onto disc now, and I should at least have that edition ready in the next month or so, because I am trying to get everything done in time for Sukkot teachings in October, and a major Messianic conference in December.

I would really be interested in everyone's opinion on the e-book thing, even though I feel economics is forcing that choice for the moment. Also, I plan to give out a coupon for every e-book purchase that will give a significant discount on the hard cover/paperback edition as well as reserve a copy of same. Still working out those details though, and will keep everyone posted.

Meanwhile, know that love you all and very much appreciate the warm response.

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Dean EMail DeanView member profileCheck IP address of this member 6. "RE: A MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT"
Aug-20-2003 at 07:08 PM (GMT3)
Congrats Akhi,

I look foward to reading your latest installment on this important study.

-Dean

>Shlama all--
>
>I'm happy to announce that I
>have just finished the final
>edits on RUACH QADIM, the
>only book I am aware
>of to show Peshitta originality
>in all 22 books of
>the eastern canon and do
>a serious study of possible
>Aramaic influence on the Western
>5. There is also
>a lengthy section refuting the
>Old Syriac Gospels and Hebrew
>versions of Matthew.
>
>Also, Akhi Paul, with your permission,
>I would dearly love to
>post a sample chapter in
>pdf format on peshitta.org.
>(I have the full Adobe
>Acrobat now and it makes
>superb files with no formatting
>problems!)
>
>As for the rest of my
>colleagues and friends here, I
>will be posting more details
>on when the book will
>be available and in what
>format in the coming weeks.
> For now, know that
>I am grateful to all
>of you, because without your
>constant ideas and encouragement (esp.
>Paul, Larry, Dean and Rob),
>this book could not have
>been written.
>
>Todah rabbah!
>
>Shlama w'burkate
>Andrew Gabriel Roth

ograabe EMail ograabeView member profileCheck IP address of this member 7. "RE: RUACH QADIM"
Aug-21-2003 at 06:25 PM (GMT3)
August 21, 2003
Davis, CA

Dear Andrew:

If you are having a problem finding a publisher for your important new book, it may be that the name RUACH QADIM is a stumbling block.

How about a name that would immediately attract interest. For example, "IN SEARCH OF THE TRUE NEW TESTAMEMT"?

Sincerely,

Otto

Andrew Gabriel Roth EMail Andrew Gabriel RothCheck IP address of this member 8. "RE: RUACH QADIM"
Aug-22-2003 at 05:18 AM (GMT3)
Someday Akhi Otto, I will relate to everyone here the whole story on how this book came to be, as it is one amazing tale.

Suffice to say for now though that it is not a matter of not attracting interest due to the name. A good friend and colleague of mine offered to publish it for me and give me very large royalties on it. He could very well still do that sometime next year, but is prevented at the moment due to some unexpected litigation that sprang up from the sale of his house. Now, he currently lives in Israel.

My friend has tremendous faith in God and has been able to do seemingly impossible things aginst all odds. He also has a bit of a prophetic gift. He told me I would find a way to to do 2 teaching sessions, one in October and one in December, and at the time I thought it was not possible. This week, it turned out he was right. Again. And he is still determned to reach out in faith to find a way to publish RUACH QADIM.

As for the title, all I can really say is that it came to me in a moment of extreme clarity, that it had to be that, because of the multiple meanings of both words. I believe this insight came directly from God also, and therefore, if I do make eventual changes between the electronic and final versions, I don't foresee the title being one of those.

Still, your suggestion is appreciated, as are all that come from this great forum and wonderful group of people.

Be well Akhi.

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Andrew Gabriel Roth EMail Andrew Gabriel RothCheck IP address of this member 9. "RE: A MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT"
Sep-01-2003 at 08:28 PM (GMT3)
Shlama all--

I just wanted to drop all of you a line to let you know that RUACH QADIM is now available on CD-Rom, and is ready to ship.

The price is $25 (including shipping) and I will also provide a coupon good for $20 off of the hardcover edition when it gets published (right now the tentative price for that is $40).

I have also enclosed a few extras:

*Syriac Lexicon, by Williams Jennings
*Compendious Syriac Thesaurus, by Payne Smith
*Adobe Acrobat Reader, although free copies of that are available here and at www.adobe.com.

Any questions, please feel free to reply to this message here, or you can email me privately at andrewgabriel77@hotmail.com.

Todah rabbah and have a great day!

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Larry_Kelsey EMail Larry_KelseyView member profileCheck IP address of this member 10. "RE: A MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT"
Sep-01-2003 at 09:07 PM (GMT3)
Shlama Akhi Andrew,

These are great deals akhi, but you know good and well that you're going to have to come up with an addenda in the future. How's this for amateur poetry..."Due to our agenda (finding more nuggets of truth as we go along)...you'll probably need an addenda".

Wishing you peace and success, or as we say on the forum...Shlama w'Burkate, Larry Kelsey

REMOVE

Lobby | Forum Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic