Old Scratch Again (2)

Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Home Conferences Peshitta (Public)
Original message

Paul EMail PaulView member profileCheck IP address of this member "Old Scratch Again (2)"
Nov-05-2002 at 07:55 AM (GMT3)
Shlama Akhi Andrew,

Another homioteleution, this time in Luqa 9:55 :

And the Sinaitic Old Scratch is missing it, just like the Alexandrian (Egyptian Greek) Text:

Notice the rather abrupt, short and non-typical reading present in the Old Scratch - "and he rebuked them."

Fk^rwbw 0ml4

Peshitta.org

Table of contents

RE: Old Scratch Again (2)
Andrew Gabriel Roth — Nov-07-2002 at 05:41 AM (1)

Lobby | Forum Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic
Messages in this topic

Andrew Gabriel Roth EMail Andrew Gabriel RothCheck IP address of this member 1. "RE: Old Scratch Again (2)"
Nov-07-2002 at 05:41 AM (GMT3)
Wow Akhi...

Both of these are great and will be going directly into the book. Right now I would say I have about fifteen of these, and most you know (cords of sheol, their purification, Beth-Abara, etc.) A few have come from the Horribly Ruined Version NT by You-know-who. Also love the Cureton gaffe on the 18 generations in Matti 1.

I really do not think I can have too many instances of this kind of proof. In fact, I would rather have too much and edit it down than not enough. Also, as a note to both yourself and everyone else here, for things that are duplicated in two or more Gospels, my convention is to put th first instance in the main text and footnote the parrallel passages. That being said, I am definitely focusing on what is exclusive Markan or Lukan material, such as scribal glosses, poetic patterns etc.

Please everyone keep them coming, as there is not a single major piece of evidence from peshitta.org that I plan on not putting in RUACH QADIM.

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

REMOVE

Lobby | Forum Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic