Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
old syriac and hebrew
Trimm argues in favor of Old Syriac primacy against Peshitta, wich he considers sometimes to be revised favouring the greek version. He also argues in favor of DuTillet and Munster hebrew manuscripts of Matthew.

Is there any discussion of his arguments? Is not possible for Old Syriac to be sometimes closer to the originals than Peshitta? Is it possible to decide if Matthew was originally written in Hebrew?
Trimm argues about a lot of things, but nobody really takes him seriously. First off, he can't speak or read either language - and his "doctorate" is fake....from a fake school (I have proof of this.)

Secondly, he's a fraud because he claims to be Jewish when in reality he was raised Baptist by two gentile parents (I have proof of this.)

Thirdly, there are plenty of posts on these forums refuting both his "Hebrew Matthew" claim and his "Old Scratch" claim.

You would do well to ignore him and his phony "research." Some people just want to sell books.
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]
Thank you for your information, Paul.

I have heard a lot of things about this man, J.S.Trimm. Well, I am not follower of him, nor any special nazarene or messianic group. I think my church would be happy with greek primacy, with peshitta primacy, with old syriac primacy, and with hebrew primacy. Or with different primacies according to different texts. My faith would not stumble with this question. But I really want to try to know the thruth in this affair.

You tell me that there are a lot of information in the forums about this question. I would really be grateful if you help me with this. Is there a document discussing the question about the claims of Old Syriac primacy?

Although my informations about Mr. Trimm are not very favourable, I don't really mind about his personality, beliefs, or morals. I only wanto to consider his arguments. If he has plagied his arguments, it doesnt matter for me. What I am interested in, is to know weather they are true or not.

For example: He says that in Mt 3,4 the Old Syriac Sinaiticus has a different reading aginst Peshitta, Old Syriac Curatonian and Greek.

Can you help me with this?

Yours,

Antonio
Hi Antonio,

You have to first understand that Trimm's claims are not his own. The man doesn't know Aramaic from Zulu. He is a plagiarizer. To learn all about "Trimms theories", purchase the following book by Matthew Black from Amazon.com:

[Image: 1565630866.01._PE30_PI_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg]

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/det...s&n=507846

What would you like help with? What is the argument about Mattai 3:4?
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]