Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Acts 20:28
Shlama Akhi Dave,

Nobody asked you to leave - Andrew was upset, and rightfully so, because you mocked him comparing him to a bridge salesman. If you leave, it will be of your own accord. You have not violated any forum rules and, except for your condescending tone towards Andrew, you have not insulted anyone on a regular basis. That does not seem to be your style - if it were you would have been banished into exile a long time ago (you seem to like words of strong persecution.)

That being said - please spare me the "Christ was persecuted, I think am persecuted, therefore I must be right and you must be wrong" poppycock. There have been millions of nutcases (like Koresh) who have tried the exact same logic.

You don't know what persecution is until you've at gazed at a scar on your grandfather's neck that stretched from ear to ear. Then you can tell me about persecution.

I don't care whether you're a "heretic" or not. Up until a few years ago, we were "heretics" (according to the Western Church.) That all of a sudden changed because they admitted that they "misunderstood" us.

I care when someone pretends to teach me about something they know very little about, about which I know alot. First, learn how to properly spell in Aramaic and then you can get into the deeper subjects, like word imagery.

Right now, your method of declaring the imagery of Aramaic words by comparing them to your KJV is a downright shame and a disservice to yourself and others.

Aramaic existed before, and after, the New Testament - you know! If a word is used only a handful of times in the NT, and the meaning is obscure - it would do you well to look outside the NT and do some research - as Prof. Brock did.

Perhaps your first step is to buy the series of Syriac Dialogues from Pro-Oriente. I think you will learn a lot. I did.
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]