Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion to Paul
Shlama Akhi Paul,

How about an in-depth look at those Scriptures that discuss revelation, illumination and inspiration of God's Word by His Spirit? I just thought it might be a good time for that after being confronted by someone who would much rather attack the Bible than believe it.
Here's another thought for you, akhi Paul.
There's a recipe for happiness that doesn't even involve what we think about God's Word found in Hebrews 11:6.
I'll quote it from the Lamsa Bible--

"Without faith man cannot please God; for he who comes near to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of those who seek him."

Back in ancient times before man had any Scriptures to read, he was still challenged by God to believe. So 'Square 1' is not believing whether or not the Bible is inspired but the challenge put out instead by Hebrews 11:6 is "he who comes near to God must believe that he is" (whether he believes the Word of God is inspired or not), "and that he is a rewarder of those who seek him." This same chapter (verse 3) tells us "that the worlds were framed by the Word of God." Long before the Word of God was written in scrolls or on tablets or in Bible form as we have it today, it had creative power when spoken by Yahweh. Yeshua even told us to "speak to the mountain" in the Gospels. 'Mountains' speak of seemingly insurmountable difficulties in Semitic thought, no? Thoughts, words and actions that are faith-filled are also power-filled or why would Yeshua tell us to 'speak to the mountain' if nothing ever happened to it? A mountain by the name of 'barrenness' affected Donna for some time but a patriarch who knew how to 'speak to the mountain' came along to help, didn't he?

Shlama w'Burkate, Larry Kelsey
Very good point, Akhi.

This is precisely why I refuse to debate the inspiration of the bible with anyone. The topic is silly, and gets nowhere. The scriptures are not meant to give anyone faith - faith is something you have to already have to even approach them with any hope of understanding.
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]