Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clarifications.
Dear Mr. Conder,

It has been brought to my attention that you are not interested in debating me on the conditions I stipulated.

Allow me to clarify my position. Your work was brought to my attention by a colleague of mine. At the time, this gentleman thought it would be interesting to hold a debate between us concerning the Aramaic roots of the New Testament.

The benefits of the narrow scope of the proposed debate are numerous, including:

(1) It will remain focused on one particular topic.
(2) Since much of your objections to the New Testament are based on your experience with the Greek versions and their subsequent translations into English, this might be a beneficial debate to both of us.
(3) I may learn much from you during this process.

These are the reasons why I do not wish to bring up any other topics into this debate. I am not afraid, nor terribly interested, in discussing other topics about Christianity with you. They have already been addressed in your numerous articles and their numerous rebuttals. My website is dedicated to a very narrow topic and I would like to keep it that way. It is not an Apologetics site for Christianity - as you well know, there are plenty of those around.

I want to have the chance to prove to you that the Greek NT is a translation from the Aramaic NT, and that therefore some, if not many, of your Greek-based objections may be irrelevant.

If these terms are not acceptable to you, then I will be more than happy to retract my offer to debate on the grounds that we both had a misunderstanding of the purpose of this debate and are not interested in pursuing it.

Have a great day.
+Shamasha Paul bar-Shimun de'Beth-Younan
[Image: sig.jpg]