Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is 'human?'
Quote:Creating tools is not necessarily "creative" within the animal kingdom. Some birds use "tools" to create nests for their young. The point is that the animal's intellect is instinctually oriented.

Instinct alone won't enable a man or chimp (if it did all chimps would create the same tools under the same conditions, instead of bright individuals) to create some of the tools that they do.

Quote:There is nothing "biological" about a being created from light. God has no extensions.

They can mate with human women (Bereshit/Genesis), so I'd call that biological. Although, I admit they would be better described as spiritual beings that can take on human/biological form and produce gigantic unnatural hybrid offspring in that form.

Quote:God has no extensions.

If Islamic angels have no free will then, by default, they are nothing but extensions of [your] God to the same degree that my car is an extension of me while I'm driving it.

Quote:Craig said, "Then 'Jinn' are much higher creatures than 'angels.' They have free will (thus man isn't unique in that regard even in Islamic theology) and the ability to be as flawless as angels when they choose to be."

Bar Khela replied, "Arguably so. Arguably not so."

Craig also said, "Strange that the mindless angels serve Allah but the much more advanced Jinn are the ones who choose evil."

Bar Khela also replied to that, "There are Jinn who choose good as well."

That's my point. They have free will, thus they are superior to Islamic "angels" in that ultra-important category.

Quote:Now, don't start that, Craig. I serve the God of Abraham, Issac, and Jacob as well, so I am going to pretend that you are not implying that I serve a different God.

Sorry, I do not believe that Allah is the same deity, and I would remiss if I didn't warn you of what Christian theology holds is going to happen to you after you die:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1004/1004_01.asp">http://www.chick.com/reading/tracts/1004/1004_01.asp</a><!-- m -->

Quote:But specifically, where exactly does it say that angels were given free will in the New Testament?

It is taken for granted throughout the Peshitta, for instance:

"Then He [Y'shu] will say also to those that are at His left, `Go awayfrom Me you cursed to the fire everlasting that which is prepared for the Adversary (Satana) and his angels (not 'Jinn')." (Mattai [Matthew] 25:41)

Shlama, Craig

Messages In This Thread
What is 'human?' - by bar_khela - 10-03-2003, 03:14 AM
Re: What is 'human?' - by Craig - 10-03-2003, 08:30 AM
Re: What is 'human?' - by bar_khela - 10-03-2003, 02:49 PM
[No subject] - by Paul Younan - 10-04-2003, 03:39 PM
[No subject] - by Guest - 10-04-2003, 07:01 PM
Re: What is 'human?' - by Guest - 10-05-2003, 07:57 AM
Re: What is 'human?' - by Guest - 10-05-2003, 04:27 PM
Re: What is 'human?' - by Craig - 10-06-2003, 07:12 AM
. - by drmlanc - 10-06-2003, 09:02 AM
Rebuttal - by bar_khela - 10-06-2003, 04:47 PM