Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why extraGospular linguistic evidence is so great
Paul, is this cool? I want to put something liek this in the semi split word article:

I just love linguistic proof from books such as Hebrews (Judea), 1 and 2 Corinthians (smack-bang in the middle of Greece) and Romans (Roman Empire). Examples in such books denounce claims that these books were written in ???Old Hebrew??? (the language of the Hebrews in the time of Jesus was Aramaic, and hence, often called Hebrew), Greek and Latin, respectively. And they lend more weight to the fact that the New Testament letters, while written to people in foreign lands, were written to the earliest Christians, who were Semites, and thus spoke Aramaic. To make it clearer that the people in these foreign lands were indeed Aramaic-speakers, think about this. Jesus appointed as His Disciples, twelve then, seventy. Mostly uneducated people, and Aramaic-speaking Semitic people, just like Jesus (though I am sure Jesus was extremely educated!). When they went out and formed Churches, did they appeal to people who couldn???t converse with them? Or did they have greater appeal to those who could speak the same language? Would the Churches be filled with pagans who spoke other languages, or would they be filled with Aramaic-speaking Semites, particularly Judeans who were expecting a Messiah?