Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
book of Hebrews: better from Greek, or Aramaic?
"One question is how should I live my life? Another is where is god now? Why does he not make it unquestionably true he is real to me?.... she has called herself an athiest. I sincerely want to find truth and answers like who is right because jews, christians, and muslims say different things"
As an idea, pursue asking God questions; if you succeed in getting a 2-way conversation going, that should aid your inquiring tremendously.
In my opinion, atheism is idiotic: there's much evidence for biology and the physical world having been created by a super-intellect.
I think Muslims would concede that Jesus is the greatest prophet. Plus, according to Muslim thought, Muhammad is in hell (while Jesus is in heaven). In my opinion, if a religion tells me that by following it I'm headed for hell, something's seriously wrong with that religion.

"like muslims say jesus is not the son of god he is a prophet but christians say he is the son of god and I have read that most jews do not think that jesus is the messiah that christians think he is. I want to know who is right"
I think most Muslims and Judaism-adherents would concede that Jesus was killed because some believed he'd claimed to be God-- and were extremely upset about that. A key question is, Is Jesus God? or was he a myth, a madman, or a big liar?

In my opinion, living one's life according to Judeo-Christian morality is a great way to live, which minimizes hurting others and one's self.
If God made it superabundantly-clear to people that he exists, then we'd be practically forced into following him, much like with what happened to Paul in his Damascus Road experience. God tends to take a more low-key approach in his pursuit of humans' allegiance and love.

"want to read the new testament by tomorrow or very soon I have been spending most of my time reading it today"
Sounds good. The NT was originally in Aramaic, not Greek, but the Greek translation was reasonably-good.

Mark 15 (based on Paul Younan's translation of the original Aramaic), http://dukhrana.com
42. And when it became evening on Friday, which is before the Shabbata, 43. Yosip who was from Ramtha, an honorable counselor who also was waiting for the Kingdom of Allaha, came and took courage and approached Peelatos and requested the body of Yeshua. 44. And Peelatos marveled that he was already dead, and he called the centurion and asked him if he had already died. 45. And when he learned (it), he gave his body to Yosip. 46. And Yosip bought linen cloth and took him down and wrapped him in it and placed him in a grave that was hewn out in the rock. And he rolled a stone upon the door of the grave. 47. And Maryam of Magdala and Maryam the (mother) of Yoseh saw where he was laid.

In my opinion, the Shroud of Turin is a strong piece of evidence that Yeshua the Meshikha lived and was resurrected. The carbon dating of it to the Middle Ages was incorrect, because an appended piece of cloth was tested, not the original Shroud. IMO, the origination of the Shroud of Turin's body image is best explained as being a result of the physics of miracles. What's your explanation for the origination of the Shroud of Turin's body image?

Messages In This Thread
RE: book of Hebrews: better from Greek, or Aramaic? - by DavidFord - 03-17-2019, 12:48 PM