Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Mystery Revealed: Gospel of Mark tracks the 7 Churches in the Book of Revelation
I should also highlight that I used Gregorian calendar dates for convenience. 

In reality, 2018AD would be the Hebrew Year 5778, which actually begins in the autumn of 2017AD. 

And in any case, the key calculation here is 1,950 years -- but I don't know exactly when that 1,950 year clock started ticking.  I did my best to date the fall of Jerusalem in 68AD because the city was overthrown by civil war and was completely ruled by rebels.  The few Jewish priests (who held the seat of Moses) who escaped death were fleeing in secret, and records are scarce.  For example, the priest that Charles Wilson mentioned in a reply, Yohanan ben Zakkai,according to the Talmud, when he found the anger of the besieged populace to be intolerable, he arranged a secret escape from the city inside a coffin.” (Wikipedia)

This example of Yohanan ben Zakkai helps proves the point -- Jerusalem lost its priestly authority during the civil war (66AD-68AD) that occurred before the siege of Jerusalem (70AD).  

Fortunately, each of the 7 churches serves as a reference point for their own historical marker (i.e., Thyatira matches the end of WWI;  Sardis matches the end of WWII).  While those are easily confirmed dates, it is not so easy for me to place a pinpoint marker on the geographical center of Thyatira, because it potentially covers a large range where that ancient Christian church/assembly lived.  I researched the antiquities of each area though, so I think I did a pretty decent job -- some of the cities have much better antiquity records than others.

So as long as these uncertainties on the precise dates are acknowledged, the methodology makes it clear (that is, calculable) that circa 2018AD is the end of the Laodicea church's protection.  If I adjust my theory/math to catalog the fall of Jerusalem in 69AD, then it automatically adjusts the end of the Laodicea church's protection to 2019AD.  Or if I adjust the fall of Jerusalem to 66AD, then it automatically adjusts the Laodicea church's protection to 2016AD.  But the methodology does not allow adjustment of the numbers too far (i.e., several years), because then it would disrupt the other dates/locations of the other six assemblies.

So the bottom line here is that "circa 2018AD" means that you can give or take a year or two depending on the way that you precisely date these 7 world changing events in history that plagued the Jewish people:
  • (1) the fall of Jerusalem (circa 68AD)
  • (2) the construction of the dome of the rock (circa 687AD)
  • (3) establishment of Roman papal sovereignty and the founding of the Papal States (circa 727AD)
  • (4) release of the black plague (circa 1328AD)
  • (5) end of World War 1 (1917AD)
  • (6) end of World War 2 (1945AD)
  • (7) end of Arab-Israeli War (1973AD)
  • (8) ?  ?  ? (circa 2018AD)

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-17-2016, 10:18 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-18-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-22-2016, 08:07 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-23-2016, 12:56 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-25-2016, 03:41 PM
RE: Mystery Revealed: Gospel of Mark tracks the 7 Churches in the Book of Revelation - by gregglaser - 04-28-2016, 02:49 PM