Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Mystery Revealed: Gospel of Mark tracks the 7 Churches in the Book of Revelation
(04-22-2016, 04:05 AM)Thirdwoe Wrote: Greg, to tell you the truth, I find your pictures and your placement of them within your writings more interesting than your personal interpretations and pretty out there ponderings. I have been a Christian since 1980, and believe me, I have seen all kinds of strange interpretations when it comes to end times and the book of Revelation, I have had a few myself, which I had to repent of.

You certainly have been influenced by dispensational teachings out there, knowing what type of understanding that is or not. It is pretty much the way every "non-denominational" Christian thinks is truth on the matter.

Sincere as they may be, I have found that people tend to see what they want to see, or that what they think they see, is from God, and not the deceiver...or just their own imaginations running wild. I have met some very interesting people with very contradictory interpretations through the decades, and they all say God is revealing those things to them.

I am no exception, Greg, and am very careful these days not to fool around with this stuff, as it is a very serious matter which can mess people up for years... and after learning my lessons on these type of musings (you have no idea), I don't do it anymore, by God's Grace, and I hope others wouldn't fall into the same trap.

Greg, if you take the book of Revelation very, very literally, you are in for a lot of disappointment, since most all of it is very, very symbolic, and open to lots and lots of different interpretations.

Basically, it comes down to this with me, regarding your overall proposal with this.

If Mark's Gospel is really synched up like you image it is with the book of Revelation, then God would have had to make that happen, and He decided to reveal it to only you...and then to have you came here to show us what you believe He showed you.

Now, this would mean to me, that you are some sort of a prophet or seer, and that God wants us to get the message He is sending through you. Right?

Or, if that's not true, then is this really just the way your particular mind works, and perhaps God isn't directing it at all, and it amounts to what is called by the Apostle, "privet interpretations", now made public by your post?

Q: "144,000 females"

Not males eh? Is this why your pictures in the post are all of females, even the hand in Christ's hand at the end, and that you interpret these 144,000 virgins as being the churches through the last 2000 years, or since you say you take everything very, very literally, perhaps you think they are literally 144,000 women?

Since nothing else is going on around here at the moment, perhaps the admins will allow some discussion on this stuff, even though it is most likely a waste of time. lol

First, I’d like to say thank you for your comments and your experience.  You’re a crusader for Peshitta integrity, Chuck, and I support that greatly.  

Yeah, I’m not a prophet, and have never claimed to be one   Exclamation   I’m just a student.   I don’t hear voices in my head, I’ve never received angel visitors, or anything like that.  I do enjoy cool dreams and synchronicities though, and I love Alha.  I read the Aramaic gospel at home and in nature, and I see unique connections in the text so I write down my thoughts.  Most importantly, I strive to love Alha with all my heart, and all my mind, and all my soul, and all my strength.  And I really do enjoy sharing.  I think it’s that simple.  I see that there is potential that any of us can be specially chosen at anytime to reveal the glory of Alha in some unique way:

Luke 4:25-27, “For truly I say to you that many widows were in Israel in the days of Elijah the Prophet, when the heavens were shut for three years and six months, and there was great hunger in all the land. And Elijah was not sent to one of them except to Tsarepta of Tsidon unto a widow woman.  And there were many lepers among Israel in the days of Elisha the Prophet and not one of them was purified except Naaman the Aramean.”

Regarding your point about literalism, I do think that where the Aramaic text is describing something physical on earth, then it is literally describing something physical; and where the text is describing something spiritual, then it is literally describing something spiritual.  These two forms of literal fulfillment (physical & spiritual) can also be interconnected and happening concurrently wherever the Father wills it.  Also, sometimes the text says literally that John sees a sign (such as the woman in the wilderness), so that would be literally symbolic.

Regarding your question about the 144,000 in Revelation 14, I think they are probably human children, rather than churches.  Regarding gender, note these feminine words expressions in the verses: 
ܪܝܫܝܬܐ
ܕܓܠܘܬܐ ܠܐ ܐܫܬܟܚܬ

But you’re right – I think I was too quick to suggest they are all female -- the grammar suggests they are a mix of male & female:
ܐܢܘܢ …  ܐܝܬܝܗܘܢ …  ܐܪܒܥܐ …  ܒܬܘܠܐ  

Originally, a clue for why I thought they were females was because of the wordplay in Revelation 14:4 -- the text says these virgins ܢܩܦܘܗܝ    (“will follow”) the lamb everywhere he goes – seemed like a possible word play of ܢܩܝܐ, meaning a female sheep (ewe). 

Anyway, I don’t know (in my defense, I did actually write “females” with a question mark at the end of the sentence).  I'm glad you highlighted the issue though; its interesting.

But getting back to the topic at hand -- synchronicities between Aramaic Mark and Aramaic Revelation – I do feel like I’ve found a lot of connections in the Aramaic text itself.  So it’s a useful prophecy study.

If you’re correct that this study is a waste of time, then thank you for pointing that out and offering your experience about the trap of this sort of dispensationalist thinking (I looked up the word Smile

And even if you’re incorrect, your comments are still meaningful and thank you for them because I know you mean well and you desire Peshitta text to stand above private interpretations.  I share that desire.  I think we probably just have different feelings about the value of the interpretation.  

In the parable of the 10-virgins (Matthew 25:1-13), we learn that half of the virgins arrived late because they didn't have the oil they needed for their lamp, “But afterward, those other virgins came and they were saying, 'Our Lord, Our Lord, open to us.' But he answered and said to them, 'Amen, I say to you, that I do not know you.' Be alert, therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.”

Consider the possibility that the oil these 5 virgins need is a witness, and that witness is the Book of Revelation...

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-17-2016, 10:18 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-18-2016, 10:34 AM
RE: Mystery Revealed: Gospel of Mark tracks the 7 Churches in the Book of Revelation - by gregglaser - 04-22-2016, 05:30 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-22-2016, 08:07 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-23-2016, 12:56 PM
RE: A Mystery Revealed - by sestir - 04-25-2016, 03:41 PM