Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Aramaic Translation of the Eastern Peshitta
"Please understand that if one stares hard enough at two roots, one can always make a connection, however tenuous or thin.

That process, however, is Edenics -- which is pseudoscience -- not linguistics."

Steve, did he ever state that it was lingustics? I guess then by your reasoning the whole body of literature within Kabbalistic texts that uses these methods as well is pseudoscience? I mean the whole basis for the Sefirot are based on this type of reasoning looking at aramaic rewordings of the roots of words. I would just say that within Judaism it is expected that there are multiple levels of interpretation, this doesn't disqualify the syntactical work that people have done on the "Pashat" level, but we need to understand that this is a different level of hermeneutic and it shouldn't be disqualified simply because it doesn't fit into a western academic scholarly paradigm, both have merit, and both can serve understanding the meaning of the text. As we say in Judaism. "Shivim Pnnim L'Torah" The Torah has 70 faces!

Messages In This Thread
Re: Ancient Aramaic Translation of the Eastern Peshitta - by ZechariahBY - 10-28-2014, 08:22 PM