Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Aramaic Translation of the Eastern Peshitta
Shalama gregoryfi,

I actually think this is a great work you are undertaking, I too have used dukhrana at times and looked up words to see how they function in hebrew and aramaic, to see if there are multivalenced ways of reading the text, but your underlying hypothesis of using the root pictographs is a good one because they indeed occupy the Remez, and Sod level of Jewish hermeneutics. So your efforts and thinking are great, because you are translating at a deeper or more root level, it might be good to provide another translation in english and commentary creating resolution behind the concepts.

A good example of what you are talking about would be Aleph + Bet, Paleo Aleph pictograph = Strong Ox + Paleo Bet Pictorgraph = House or lean to, In hebrew this word is Av, meaning father, but has an underlying meaning of strong household. Or the letter Tzadi/Tzadik = a man praying on his knees. Tadik in hebrew is a righteous man or a charitable person. There are numerous other examples the Rabbis give, but I think it is good work.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Ancient Aramaic Translation of the Eastern Peshitta - by ZechariahBY - 10-26-2014, 08:22 PM