Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Comparative Edition of the Syriac Gospels
:

I would like to know that too, Steve.

Also, by variants, do you mean the early Manuscripts of the Eastern Peshitta tradition, I've been finding a number of them between the Eastern and Western versions, as I go through them line by line, word by word...but not in the Eastern text itself, not a true variant anyway, just one word split into two words, like everything/every thing, something/ a thing, or someone/man...stuff like that.

I would like to know any and all of them that you might have found, which would be a real variant in a verse.

Mrs. Magiera said she knows of some as well, but couldn't provide any examples to me, only saying that Mrs. Barbara Aland has listed them someplace in her research papers.

In any case, I don't think we are talking about much of anything significant, as we see in the Greek versions, not as to the scale or the importance of the variants themselves.

If you were told that you could choose and only have one copy of a Greek and one copy of an Aramaic Manuscript, and were denied any access to any others, which ones would you chose? Which is best overall?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Comparative Edition of the Syriac Gospels - by Thirdwoe - 09-25-2013, 12:16 AM