Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epistle of Jesus Christ and King Abgar
I have a copy of this in "The Lost Books of the Bible and the Forgotten Books of Eden". What do people in the Church of the East think of this epistle? I have heard it mentioned before as evidence (if it is genuine) that there was little or no language barriers between Syriac Aramaic speakers and Galilean Aramaic speakers. One part makes me doubt its genuineness, "For it is written concerning me, that those who have seen me should not believe on me, that they who have not seen might believe and live." This seems to be a misquotation of John 20:29 (quotation from Aramaic Peshitta New Testament Translation: Messianic Version): 'And Yeshue said to him, "Now that you have seen me, you have believe. Blessed [are] those who have not seen me and believe."' It's also interesting that it says "those WHO HAVE SEEN ME SHOULD NOT BELIEVE, that THEY WHO HAVE SEEN MIGHT BELIEVE AND LIVE". I am very open to this being a genuine writing of the Lord Jesus, but that part makes me leery.

Messages In This Thread
Epistle of Jesus Christ and King Abgar - by ScorpioSniper2 - 08-16-2013, 12:25 AM