Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hebrew New Testament by Franz Delitzch
ScorpioSniper2 Wrote:I know this obviously isn't Peshitta, but since Aramaic and Hebrew are so closely related, I thought I'd put this out there. Has anyone ever studied Fran Delitzch's Hebrew New Testament and compared it with the Peshitta or Peshitto? I'm planning on getting it and a translation of the Delitzch Gospels that they have out.

I have a copy of the Delitzch's Hebrew Gospels that First Fruits of Zion sell in their website. I can say that the editorial design is supreme, you have the Hebrew in one side and English in the other side. The translation was made by Frank Delitzch from the Greek, trying to render a classical Hebrew reading, similar to the Tanakh. The Hebrew Gospels didn't correct some issues from the Greek text like the "camel/rope" in Matthew 19:24 and other verses that the Aramaic Peshitta Text correct from the Greek reading. The translation read really similar to a Greek translation but with the difference that the translation have some Hebraic words inserted to give a better rendering into the culture.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Hebrew New Testament by Franz Delitzch - by carlosmendoza - 02-27-2013, 02:28 AM