Poll: The need for a free, public domain, and non-copyright English version of the Eastern Peshitta
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, get a group of volunteers who know Aramaic and will try to do this from scratch using the Aramaic manuscripts available. <Except the Khabouris - which is copyrighted>
7.69%
1 7.69%
Yes, get a group to instead revise the existing translations (Etheridge or Murdock) using the Eastern / ACoE manuscripts and also consulting Etheridge, Murdock, and Norton texts. <Not using the Khabouris though, because it is copyrighted. >
0%
0 0%
Yes, but rather assemble a group of volunteers to help update and complete the Paul Younan Interlinear.
23.08%
3 23.08%
Or...translate the Khabouris manuscript, if provided permission from the copyright holder(s).
23.08%
3 23.08%
No, rather request that the upcoming CoE translation fulfil the role of "free", "non-copyright" and "public domain" version of the Bible.
23.08%
3 23.08%
NO! There is NO need for another translation of the Bible to be out there!
7.69%
1 7.69%
No! Do it yourself! I won't partake in this.
7.69%
1 7.69%
I don't care.
7.69%
1 7.69%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your opinion on this?
distazo Wrote:Hi Texas,

Why do you waste so much words on condemning me?
I wasted no words nor did I condemn anyone. I stated facts and condemned actions (not people), so that perhaps others will not buy into your misleading opinion to stop the Eastern Aramaic PeshittA from coming full circle.

distazo Wrote:I made a translation myself.
The CoE will create an official translation and I trust this one will be good.
I too hope and trust that the COE translation will be a good one true to the Texts of the Eastern PeshittA, yet I see no need to stand against other independent translations from being made to help substantiate their translation by the conformity in which they will share by accurately translating the Eastern PeshittA Text. If a hundred translations are made from the Eastern PeshittA they should all say the same thing as there is no variations within its Text. And it seems funny that some one whom saw a need for a new translation is now condemning others from doing so. And again I am not for burning the Greek, Latin or any English translations, I was simply trying to convey that if we see a need to limit how many translations we are allowed then the older less accurate ones steaming from the flawed Greek translations should be what goes, not any future accurate ones of the purest form of THE TESTIMONY OF YEHOSHUA that we have to date. So just as some have stood up for the translations of the past I vehemently stand for the translations of the future from the Eastern Aramaic PeshittA Text (only).

distazo Wrote:I just point to a fact, that people get confused by the variations while THOSE variations, that exist, are not against the basic faith of Yeshu. So, if the CoE will create an official translation, what will a public domain version help here?
It would help to substantiate the COE's translation by showing unity of the Text. Yeah imagine translations one after another that agree instead of disagreeing as those from the Greek families do. Such translations would help bring down confusions, and help people to find that THE TESTIMONY OF YEHOSHUA is stable and unwavering. Something that the Greek translations are having a hard time doing. According to the concerns you claimed here it would make more sense for you to be against making translations from the Greek as there are thousands already out there in which the confusion is coming from. It makes no sense at all for some one wanting to cut down on confusion to take such a stand against translations being made from the Eastern PeshittA.

distazo Wrote:I stop arguing because I get the idea that my opinion is being misinterpreted.
If your opinion is not to stop accurate translations from being made from the Eastern PeshittA then yes I have misunderstood you. But if your opinion is to stop or set a limit upon accurate translations of the Eastern PeshittA so that the people of this world are left basically with the Greek texts mess then I would say you have not been misunderstood. Perhaps you should take the time to state clearly what your motive is to be so stanch against the Eastern PeshittA coming to the full light of day through translations. After all there are no variations within the Eastern PeshittA Text(singular) to confuse anyone over. There are only variations from within the Greek families(plural) and the Western PeshittO families(plural) that are causing confusion, and for good cause as these variants are flaws.

But what is confusing to me (and here is the ticker) is why one would think to use the confusion created by the Greek and Western PeshittO translations to stop or limit translations from a Text that has no variants and clears-up the confusion these flawed translations created? Again, what spirit would want better translations steaming from the Eastern Aramaic PeshittA to never see the light of day claiming that the mess we have is good enough? Why keep the mess while refusing better translations? Why not get with the better Text to translate and just simply walk away from the rest? I spent years trying to make sense of the translations you prefer I settle with, and then once I finally come to the conclusion that the Eastern PeshittA clears-up the mess there are those that want me to settle with the Greeks texts mess. Well excuse me if I prefer not to see things your way and hope and pray for English translations of the Eastern Aramaic PeshittA only. And yes I think more than one would be nice, as well as a permissible goal. The only future translations you have swayed me to become stanch against is there should never be another translation made from any of the Greek families ever again due to the fact that they are flawed. Why not just drink from the pure water flowing from the eastern PeshittA as opposed to trying to filter the muddy waters steaming from the Greek translations?

P.S.- distazo, what Ancient Text/translation did you use to make your translation? And what language did you make it into?

Messages In This Thread
What's your opinion on this? - by DrawCloser - 01-06-2013, 04:38 PM
Re: What's your opinion on this? - by DrawCloser - 01-06-2013, 09:39 PM
Re: What's your opinion on this? - by SteveCaruso - 01-07-2013, 02:33 AM
Re: What's your opinion on this? - by Thirdwoe - 01-09-2013, 05:19 AM
Re: What's your opinion on this? - by distazo - 01-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Re: What's your opinion on this? - by Burning one - 01-10-2013, 02:15 AM
Re: What's your opinion on this? - by Thirdwoe - 01-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Re: What's your opinion on this? - by distazo - 01-11-2013, 11:52 AM
Re: What's your opinion on this? - by distazo - 01-12-2013, 08:58 PM
Re: What's your opinion on this? - by The Texas RAT - 01-13-2013, 04:11 AM
Re: What's your opinion on this? - by distazo - 01-13-2013, 08:06 AM