Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AENT 5th Editions Errors and Suggestions
The Texas RAT Wrote:Luc being you have bought most if not all of the AENT editions, which one do you think was the better of them?
Well, the 5th edition probably is the best. Yeah, maybe there's some changes here and there in comparison to the earlier editions, but all of them (except for Acts 2:36) are footnoted. So, if you got a new edition, anything that's changed would just have an alternative viewpoint to compare with other translations and their notes. Nothing wrong with that. Besides, no matter which edition you would get, you will always end up agreeing with Roth on some points and disagreeing with him on other points; same as any Study Bible. So I say get the new one and just use it in comparison to everything else that's available to us. There is no golden or perfect translation anyway, right? The best we can do is just pick one and then write our own notes in it (this is where wide margin comes in handy, but AENT still works if you write small - get a pigment liner pen [0.1] as those work best).

The reason I said what I did about Magiera in comparison to your white out idea is because of all the syntax and typographical errors, not the theological waxing. The theological waxing wouldn't take long to fix with whiteout.

Messages In This Thread
Re: AENT 5th Editions Errors and Suggestions - by Luc Lefebvre - 12-19-2012, 02:26 PM