Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remarks in the Khabouris manuscript margin
Quote:the handwriting and vowel pointing of the Khabouris, itself, is certainly 11th-12th century

I'm looking here at the Goodspeed Manuscript, and it is said to be from the 6th-7th century (500's-600's) and the handwriting, letters, and the vowel pointing are much the same as is seen in the Khabouris Manuscript. And since it is said that the vowel system/dots were added to the older manuscripts around the 900's I think I read, to the older texts which lacked them, how can we not be sure that the Khabouris manuscript had these features latter added onto its earlier non vowel-ed text?

I'm not sure just by looking at it if it must be dated to the 11th-12th century...it may be much earlier than that. What I recall being stated is that the Colophon is said to say it was produced 100 years after the Great persecution (339-379). Anyway, hopefully Paul and or Stephen can verify exactly what can be read there. If so, then it could be a manuscript from as early as 450 or so, and lacked the vowel points until they were later added to the manuscript.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Remarks in the Khabouris manuscript margin - by Thirdwoe - 10-02-2014, 08:20 AM