Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remarks in the Khabouris manuscript margin
Stephen, I sent you Eric Rivera's phone number, right? Did you call him yet?

In any case, since the Goodspeed manuscript {6th century} <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://goodspeed.lib.uchicago.edu/ms/index.php?doc=0716">http://goodspeed.lib.uchicago.edu/ms/index.php?doc=0716</a><!-- m --> reads just as the Khabouris does, in every place, I say we can rest assured that what is in the Khabouris text, is what has always been in the Eastern Peshitta text, since the days of the Apostles. Being of latter date, such as the Mingana manuscript of 1613, in regards to the text of the Eastern Peshitta...is no problem, since they all have the same text anyway. It isn't even in the same universe when it comes to the mess we find in the Greek manuscript witnesses.

Concerning the Khabouris Colophon, Eric Rivera told me that even with the super high res image, it's too far gone to read...but, perhaps with a special process it might be able to be deciphered.

Speaking of the Aramaic NT Scriptures, as they have always existed in the Eastern Peshitta text, since the days of the Apostles till now, Steve, I'm still waiting for you to tell me where to find "The Aramaic New Testament" on your website project, which has the title in big letters on the main page, thus, "The Aramaic New Testament"....You told me to ask you about it, but I haven't heard back yet, and it been a number of weeks now....all I can see there when I looked last, is an English translation (WEB) of one of Greek versions (Alexandrian) of the New Testament, and some interpolations you have made in its text, putting in what you surmise is the way Jesus might have spoken, in a hypothetical dialect, (which may or may not be the one He actually used at all), if it even existed at all.

And is there any NT manuscript evidence available that shows this supposed dialect?

I wonder, is your interpolations translated from The Peshitta Text, (namely the Eastern text), or is it just from the English translation you have up there?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Remarks in the Khabouris manuscript margin - by Thirdwoe - 09-30-2014, 01:17 AM