Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remarks in the Khabouris manuscript margin
I have talked to the person who has all the images from better light, they person who took then. I have his phone number, and talked with him. He didn't want to send me a copy of them, but told me that only two others had been given copies by him and that they were high res, and much better than the ones available online, but not at all as high res as his original images. He gave me the numbers of both persons, and I called one, and couldn't get in touch with them, and the other person said his bishop would not allow them to be shared, as they were hoping to publish them one day i.e. make some money off them.

Also, I was told by Eric Rivera, that by th time he had worked on getting the images made, the Khabouris had more missing pages than are shown online from the other images made some time earlier.

Presently the Codex is owned by Steve Green, owner of Hobby Lobby, and he is hoping to put it on display in a traveling manuscript museum...where one can take a look at it for a fee...again, to make money. So, while the money people have it and the images, we can't check it out any closer than the old images. Eric says it doesn't matter though, because the words are all the same anyway in the Eastern Peshitta manuscripts. If you have read one, you have read them all, and we can be quite certain that what we have today in the Church of the East's text, is the same as it has always been from the time they received the 1st manuscript.

I gave Shamasha Paul Eric's number, as Eric had said he would share the image of the colophon with him, but I haven't heard back if this ever happened.

Shlama,
Chuck

Messages In This Thread
Re: Remarks in the Khabouris manuscript margin - by Thirdwoe - 09-29-2014, 05:08 AM