Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remarks in the Khabouris manuscript margin
Chuck,

Thank you chuck. I read a few days ago that there are no extant Aramaic manuscripts that date older than the oldest New Testament Greek manuscripts. I mean, of all the EARLY manuscripts of the New Testament, the Greek manuscripts are older. But I don't think you were trying to make that point (that the extant Aramaic manuscripts are older and just as old). But I read this point on this forum a few days ago and the conclusion or the point a couple of folks were trying to make is that we DO NOT have any of the originals from either of those texts types (Aramaic or Greek).

But I would (if we can) like to stick to the reading of the colophon in the Khabouris manuscript. I feel that, from the information (new) that I have read is that we have no solid or clear evidence that the exempler of the Khabouris is an early Aramaic Peshitta manuscript. I was just under the impression for quite some time that the Khabouris was unique Aramaic manuscript mainly because of the comments in the colophon.

Chuck, thank you.

Take care;

Kindly,

l

Messages In This Thread
Re: Remarks in the Khabouris manuscript margin - by Mike Kar - 11-08-2012, 04:02 PM