Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Errors in the Paul Younan Interlinear?
I don't think it is right for to say that God experienced death, but I do believe it is fine to say that He did in the manifestation of the Son. Death is not a cessation of existence, but the spirit leaving the physical body. This happened to Jesus, who is God in the flesh with the Spirit of the Father being Jesus' very life force. The body was still God's body, even after the Spirit of Christ withdrew from it. Jesus' flesh is God's flesh. This is one reason why I believe the Peshitto is correct in saying that God bought the church with His own holy blood (Acts 20:28). Jesus Christ is one Person, not with the divine and human natures dwelling merely side-by-side (or separately) inside of Him, but with the humanity and deity completely united. Jesus can forgive sins because of His deity, He prays to God because of His humanity. Jesus does not operate with a "divine side" and a "human side" that operate independently. When Jesus said, "Before Abraham was I AM", it was not His divine nature speaking, it was His whole Person. Natures don't speak, persons do. Jesus is one Person and operates as such.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Errors in the Paul Younan Interlinear? - by ScorpioSniper2 - 09-19-2012, 10:39 PM