Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aramaic English New Testament 4th Ed.
Matthew 13:27 is still incorrect then, on the FOURTH edition. MARYA is not the word there, period. Its a parable, c'mon. Four editions now...*sigh*.

Still, much respect to Andrew Roth for the hard work and meaningful effort that he put into this piece, especially as I could definitely do no better.

But I DID pay 65 bucksfor the first edition, and newer editions of the AENT are still expensive
I thought that was an odd reading (because the Aramaic word he mistranslated but have looked just like MarYah). It is clear from the context that the master is obviously not God! Even though he could have been the parables version of YHWH.
Yeah, and that's one mistranslation that I forgot about! I sent in a list of things I noticed awhile back hoping that a future (5th) edition would be improved, but that one didn't make the list. If someone else e-mailed Baruch or Andrew I'm sure it would get changed in a future edition (Andrew no longer frequents this forum but keeps himself at his own website). If anyone does, bring up Galatians 1:4 as well, that's another one I forgot to mention.
What's mistranslated in Galatians 1:4?
ScorpioSniper2 Wrote:What's mistranslated in Galatians 1:4?
I don't have an AENT with me, so I'm taking this from the translation up on his old website (aramaicnttruth.org),

In his translation it reads:

"Who gave his nefesh (soul, self) so our sins that are delivered from this world (that is) evil, as (according to) the will of Elohim our Father"

But it should read,

"who gave himself for our sins to deliver us from this evil world, according to the will of Aloha our Father: (Ethridge)

Do you see it? It's just a slight grammatical mistake that makes his translation sound funny and be in theological error (although this was not intentional). I must admit that I have not checked the 4th edition to see how it's rendered, but I doubt that it has changed.
Luc Lefebvre Wrote:Yeah, and that's one mistranslation that I forgot about! I sent in a list of things I noticed awhile back hoping that a future (5th) edition would be improved, but that one didn't make the list. If someone else e-mailed Baruch or Andrew I'm sure it would get changed in a future edition (Andrew no longer frequents this forum but keeps himself at his own website). If anyone does, bring up Galatians 1:4 as well, that's another one I forgot to mention.

Luc,
can you share the whole list of things with us so that those whom have the 4th Edition could double check to see how many of them are fixed or not? Plus for the future we, whom hope to get the AENT, would know where to use whiteout to fix anythings that had not made the revisions list.

So we have Matt 13:27; Galatians 1:4; (plus) ... ... ...
Hopefully Roth will correct these mistranslations in future editions. I love the AENT! I'm hoping to get James Murdock's translation soon to compare with Roth's.