Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aramaic English New Testament 4th Ed.
I don't have the 4th edition, just the 1st, but as I have seen it, the translation is the best representation, (so far), in English, of the Eastern Aramaic Peshitta text as it stands in the 22 books of the Eastern Text, being mostly an edited version of Paul Younan's interlinear renderings of Matt, Mark, Luke, and John and up to Acts chapter 15, then James Murdoch's 1840s translation for the rest of the books, including the W5, with only Galatians being Mr. Roth's personal translation. His Aramaic text to the right, is in Hebrew characters, and is not of any particular Aramaic Manuscript that can be studied, but rather an edited version, to closer conform to his English version. It's seems to be a hybid of the Khabouris Codex and the 1905 USB, as far as I can tell, even in the 22 books of the Eastern Text.

And minus the sectarian bias of Mr. Roth's notes, the notes are fantastic.

But for the other notes, Mr. Roth is confusing to me, for his notes call the teaching of the Trinity (polytheism), thus those who worship the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, are worshiping three gods in his mind... and those Christians who do so, in his mind, which his particular sect terms "Cristo-Pagans", are not part of the Body of Christ. He does not seem to like to be called a Christian, and it is clear from his notes on the subject, that he does not at all understand the teaching of the Trinity, as is taught by Christ, and His Apostles and the early Church, or, he has heard a version of it taught from some that were in error in their interpretation of it. He seems to believe that all Gentiles must come under the Law of Moses (most of it anyways) to walk right before God, but this matter was settled once and for all by God, through His Apostles in 50 A.D. at the Council of Jerusalem.

These are my observations, and I do not mean to condemn Mr. Roth's soul, but just an honest assesment of what I have come to understand about some of his teachings and his New Testament English version. I believe that God will straighten things out in his mind in due time.

Shlama,
Chuck

Messages In This Thread
Re: Aramaic English New Testament 4th Ed. - by Thirdwoe - 07-29-2012, 09:27 PM