Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Netzarim Writings?
I have now read/listened to 12 of the earliest extra-biblical writings, and I am blown away at how much they exhort the believers to obey God's Law.

When I started my journey into the historical writings, I started in the "Early Church Fathers", because obviously I was interested in the EARLY CHURCH, but the Devil as crafty as he is, saw to it that those writings that taught obedience to God's Law were not under that label, but rather called the "Apostolic Fathers". No doubt, by the time most people get through the "Early Church" writings of what is primarily 3rd century texts, they are thoroughly convinced that the early church did not keep God's Law (and ofcourse they turn a blind eye to the many heresies contained in those writings in order to justify their lawlessness).

These are the texts I have gone through so far:

Didache
1st Clement
2nd Clement
Shepherd of Hermas
Polycarp to the Philippians
And the 7 letters of Ignatius

So far the only 2nd century writer I've found that teaches against the Torah, is Justin Martyr, but even then he admits in his writings that though he may belong to a Lawless Sect, there remains true Christians that indeed keep the Torah.

It is so interesting to me, as the preaching of Lawlessness increases in the writings, how more and more heresies are introduced to the Church such as Idolatry, praying to Angels, and ofcourse, the Pope :/

Shalom.

Messages In This Thread
Early Netzarim Writings? - by aspiring2slavery - 05-08-2012, 11:01 AM
Re: Early Netzarim Writings? - by Stephen Silver - 05-09-2012, 02:36 AM
Re: Early Netzarim Writings? - by aspiring2slavery - 05-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Re: Early Netzarim Writings? - by Stephen Silver - 05-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Re: Early Netzarim Writings? - by carlosmendoza - 07-09-2012, 05:52 PM
Re: Early Netzarim Writings? - by Stephen Silver - 07-09-2012, 11:10 PM
Re: Early Netzarim Writings? - by ZechariahBY - 10-21-2014, 07:09 PM