Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Let no (pagan) therefore judge you..."
ScorpioSniper2 Wrote:The Law was all fulfilled by Christ's sacrifice for our sins.
Where in Scripture can I find this, linguistically? The word for fulfill being used in relation specifically to the Law and His sacrifice for our sins? I'm not sure the word is ever used in the way that I think you are implying. Jesus said "But all this has taken place to fulfill the Scriptures of the prophets" which is quite natural, all that occurred was prophesied to happen, but yet... I don't see the concept that His keeping of the Law perfectly and being our spotless sacrifice in that regard has anything to do with absolving us from the mandate to live righteously and holy (as Torah outlines and the Spirit helps us walk out). Is this what you are trying to say or am I misreading you? The power of sin and death, our disobedience to the first covenant, all of this of course is passing away, and as such, this [re]newed covenant comes with better promises. But the relevance of Torah I see as coming into greater clarity and light with the coming of the Messiah (as Isaiah says, He will magnify the Torah). After all, it was looking towards hope yet to be revealed, and is still looking towards the final redemption when all sin will be cast out forever and we will live in the new heavens and the new earth. Do you see what I'm saying? I certainly agree though that He was emphasizing the vital importance of Torah as Holy Scripture. But I think when we turn aside the relevance of several aspects of Torah, we are missing out on the fullness that our God desires to teach, share and bless us with in this life while we await the life and world to come.

Messages In This Thread
Re: "Let no (pagan) therefore judge you..." - by Luc Lefebvre - 05-19-2012, 01:24 AM