Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity
Oh, Lord.

Thanks be to Almighty God that I am not a part of your movement you call "the Church of East".

Paul Younan Wrote:While "Theotokos" is not technically incorrect, it is horribly incomplete. It only tells half the story. She was not merely "Mother of God". She was Christotokos - "Mother of Christ", who is both God and Man. Isn't that a more respectful and complete title?

Do you still wonder why they call you nestorians?:

Nestorius Wrote:If anyone says that the Emmanuel is true God, and not rather God with us, that is, that he has united himself to a like nature with ours, which he assumed from the Virgin Mary, and dwelt in it; and if anyone calls Mary the mother of God the Word, and not rather mother of him who is Emmanuel; and if he maintains that God the Word has changed himself into the flesh, which he only assumed in order to make his Godhead visible, and to be found in form as a man, let him be anathema.

These commandments of men you adhere to will bring you nowhere, guys.

How dare some of you to say that this decision of Rukha Qadisho at the Council of Ephesus was politically driven. I bet, you've stripped your church naked of the Aloho's Grace in the same way as you failed to ascribe the proper title to Her who is the Mother of Aloho indeed. It was Aloho Himself who's given her this title.

I feel sorry for you, guys. I do. Let the people know the kind of the doctrines you profess.

I do not say that you can not be saved. But as the one who seeks favours from the King and does not pay the due respect to His Mother he's really going to have to knock harder, much harder on the door of his eternal Salvation (to say the least):

And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. (Luke 11:9)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/3810.htm">http://www.newadvent.org/fathers/3810.htm</a><!-- m -->

Council of Ephesus Wrote:If anyone will not confess that the Emmanuel is very God, and that therefore the Holy Virgin is the Mother of God, inasmuch as in the flesh she bore the Word of God made flesh [as it is written, The Word was made flesh] let him be anathema.

Council of Ephesus Wrote:This the declaration of the correct faith proclaims everywhere. This was the sentiment of the holy Fathers; therefore they ventured to call the holy Virgin, the Mother of God, not as if the nature of the Word or his divinity had its beginning from the holy Virgin, but because of her was born that holy body with a rational soul, to which the Word being personally united is said to be born according to the flesh. These things, therefore, I now write unto you for the love of Christ, beseeching you as a brother, and testifying to you before Christ and the elect angels, that you would both think and teach these things with us, that the peace of the Churches may be preserved and the bond of concord and love continue unbroken among the Priests of God.

Council of Ephesus Wrote:And since the holy Virgin brought forth corporally God made one with flesh according to nature, for this reason we also call her Mother of God, not as if the nature of the Word had the beginning of its existence from the flesh.

I believe this to be the teaching of the Orthodox Church:
The Blessed Virgin Mary
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15464b.htm">http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/15464b.htm</a><!-- m -->

what's up with these word-imagery? Mariam, Eemmeh d'Aloho intercedes to the Lord on our behalf while we are showing the outmost disrespect towards Her. I think Aloho will not withhold from you the answer if you ask Him.

But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them, because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having no shepherd. (Matt 9:36)

May Aloho show you the right path.

Arkady. Russia.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 06:42 AM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-04-2012, 08:21 AM