Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity
Thirdwoe, I do appreciate your insight. Let me share something I wrote a bit ago, when I was going through a "Binitarian" phase.

Quote:Pondering the Holy Trinity

The Father and The Son and The Holy Spirit

As I understand it, many view the Holy Trinity as a Co-Equality of three distinct persons. They view the Father as a Person, the Son as a Person and the Holy Spirit as a person, basically three "Faces" of the same being. This makes sense on some levels. If you think about this as how the Lord manifests himself in Reality, this sounds perfect. The Father glorified the Son as the Holy Spirit alited upon his head. Upon further inspection, this shows something far removed from three distinct persons that are co-equal.

Jesus states that He is one with his Father, that the Son is in the Father. To me this shows that Jesus, the Son, is "Rooted" in the Father, Also Jesus says that the Holy Spirit is sent by the Father in Jesus' name. To me this shows ONE PERSON, (The Father) manifesting a Hidden Aspect of himself (The Son) and, sharing his Holy Spirit, to those who have come to let the Son live within them.

Co-equality has been removed from the equation if you follow my logic.

The Son is part of the Father, as we the followers of Christ are part of the Son, we receive the Holy Spirit of the Father by the Father's will for venerating the Son and letting him abide within us (by following his commands, just as he followed the commands of his Father)

To call the Trinity Co-equal and Co-Substantial does not hold up to me.

Furthermore, There is a "Duality" in my opinion. The Father and Son have a relationship that is pre-existent.

The Holy Spirit is the Physical Manifestation that occurs when the Creation fully understands this relationship. The Father and The Son are a unity that has a distinction in the sense that the Father "Creates" Through the Son. IE, The Son is the "Right Arm" of the Father, Fully divine, yet able to Manifest in a Physical Reality without Destroying it. In a sense, the Holy Spirit revolves around Jesus. The work he did, we continue in His name. (His Holy Ghost?)

Finally, Jesus says he shares his Fathers will. At no point does he mention the "Will" of the Holy Spirit. As I understand it, the Father will anoint and baptize with the Holy Spirit at his discretion in the Father's name. To me this reinforces that the Holy Spirit depends on the Father via the Proxy of the Son

As it turns out though, it is a HOLY TRINITY. I began to recieve "visions almost" of a Trinity fomation whenever I would close my eyes. The Holy Spirit is equal but "Distinct" from the Father or Son.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by TrueVineBranch - 01-03-2012, 10:21 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 06:42 AM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 07:51 AM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-04-2012, 08:21 AM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-17-2012, 09:47 AM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Re: Early Christian view of the Holy Trinity - by Arkady - 03-20-2012, 07:55 AM