Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Blemish Check
Blemish check was an important aspect in the Passover lamb choosing. Levitical instructions are that the lamb must be checked for blemishes as only a perfect, spotless and unblemished lamb would suffice for the Passover Lamb. At this time, Yeshua goes to the Temple to teach. While there, he is approached by the Pharisees, the Saducees, and various other groups, each with different and difficult questions, all were trying to trap him in his words. When they found no fault with this ?Lamb of God? they didn?t even realize they had ?chosen? Him because he was without blemish.

Then went the Pharisees, and took counsel how they might entangle him in his talk. And they sent out unto him their disciples with the Herodians, saying, Master, we know that you art true, and teachest the way of God in truth, neither carest you for any man: for you regards not the person of men. Tell us therefore, What thinkest you? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not? But Yeshua perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt you me, you hypocrites? Show me the
tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. And he said unto them, Whose is this image and inscription? They say unto him, Caesar's. Then said he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's. When they had heard these words, they marvelled, and left him, and went their way.

The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him, Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother. Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother: Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh. And last of all the woman died also. Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her. Yeshua answered and said unto them, You do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God. For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. But as touching the resurrection of the
dead, have you not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying, I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living. And when the multitude heard this, they were astonished at his doctrine.

Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying, Master, which is the great commandment in the law? Yeshua said unto him, You shalt love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, You shalt love your neighbour as yourself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets. While the Phrisees were gathered together, Yeshua asked them, saying, What think you of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The son of David. He said unto them, How then does David in spirit call him Lord, saying, The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit you on my right hand, till I make yours enemies your footstool? If David then call him Lord, how is he his son? And no man was able to answer him a word, neither did any man from that day forth ask him any more questions.

They were looking for any blemish, theological, or otherwise, which might disqualify him as the Christ. They could not find fault. He meets each question soundly, and no one can find fault with him. He is without blemish. Since He was perfect they decided He should be killed or as the High Priest that year said, ?die for the nation.?