Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Potter in MT 26 A translation mistake
Thirdwoe Wrote:The events of Matthew, Mark, and John are speaking of the same Mariam, who was the sister of Lazarus of Bethany, whom Jesus raised from the dead after four days in the tomb. And this event that she preformed for Jesus' burial, is spoken of there in John 11:2. She is the same sister of Martha, who was busy with preparing and asked Jesus to have Mariam help her out.

But, the other woman, is called a "sinner", which I think means a prostitute, and so, I don't see that she is the same person at all, nor does John even mention that former event in Jesus' Ministry. I believe John is speaking of the event which he will later record in chapter 12.

Chuck

Sure, she is not named.
But it is possible very well, that Luke 7 wrote about the first acquaintance from Maryam with Yeshu.
After her conversion, she, Laazar and her sister, became very good friends with Yeshu.
It would not be nice to call her a sinner (by the gospelwriters) -after- she converted. This is a very good reason, to keep her name disclosed in Luke 7.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Potter in MT 26 A translation mistake - by distazo - 11-12-2013, 09:40 AM