Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does the AENT 4th edition compare to the others?
Jerry Wrote:
Paul Younan Wrote:See my post above, the initial version was written in haste as I was at work. The proper explanation is above after I edited it. And no, your translation is still wrong on both fronts for the reasons explained above.

+Shamasha
You read my post above yours, and you with have the proper explanation. (kul) is "each" or "all" depending upon context.

You still want us to believe that "and-the-many the-lepers being they-were among Yisroyel" should be translated as "and-the-many the-lepers being they-were the-house-of Yisroyel"?

You make many bold claims, but they don't stand up to the truth.

Jerry, you are not understanding the post. I never said anything about the lepers reading. There the proper pronunciation is "beyath", "among." It's a different word pronounced differently.

Kul (all) has a suffix in each case. -h in Acts 2:36 is singular. If the translation were "among", indicating plurality, then the suffix for Kul would need to be -hon (masc. pl.), not -h (masc. sing.). It is the singular suffix that points to "house" (singular), and not "among" (plural).

See Matthew 10:23 - "kul-hyn" (fem. pl. suffix -hyn) for "All (fem. pl) the cities (fem. pl) of the House of Israel." Likewise, the "Kul" in Acts 2:36 would need the plural suffix "-hon" to read "among."

+Shamasha

Messages In This Thread
Re: How does the AENT 4th edition compare to the others? - by Paul Younan - 08-23-2011, 11:25 PM