Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does the AENT 4th edition compare to the others?
Jerry Wrote:You have no place insulting me the way you do, and I have as much place in translating the Peshitta as any other.

Take it as an insult if you must, it certainly isn't intended to be an insult. It's the truth - you do not understand the language at all, and I can demonstrate it. And it's not an insult to say God help your readers - I truly mean it. You are purposely misleading them by allowing your theological bias to interfere with your translation effort.

You certainly are free to do as you please, I don't intend to interfere in any way with your effort: you have only to God to answer, not me. I am also free to give my opinion and warn as many people as possible that your "translation" is that of a non-speaker, an amateur with no proper training, and that it contains errors based on your theological bias. That you are translating from lexicons and dictionaries, which is just about the most dangerous mix that I know of.

Yours is certainly not the first translation I've critiqued: If I do not spare myself (nor others like Lamsa, Trimm, and others), why would I hesitate to give my honest opinion of what you are doing?

A speaker of this language I know you aren't, do you have any sort of other qualification to be giving these opinions? I'm curious as to whether or not you've taken any secondary-level instruction in this or any other related language? I'll bet anything that you don't. The sort of mistakes you are making are either those of a complete amateur, or the purposeful ones of a deceiver. Which is it?

+Shamasha

Messages In This Thread
Re: How does the AENT 4th edition compare to the others? - by Paul Younan - 08-23-2011, 09:56 PM