Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does the AENT 4th edition compare to the others?
:

Thanks Jerry,

You rendered part of the verse thus: "Said the-Lord to-my-lord,"

I notice here that you have a capital L in the 1st instance and a small l for the 2nd...is this the way it must be linguisticly, or is that your choice of interpretation? Could it be thus? "Said the-Lord to-my-Lord"

Here is the way the others in the past 150 years have rendered it...are they all wrong here? Both Lord and Lord...Capital "L"

(Etheridge) that the Lord said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand until I put thine adversaries beneath thy feet.
(Murdock) The Lord said to my Lord, Seat thyself at my right hand, until I place thy enemies under thy feet.
(Lamsa) The Lord said to my Lord, Sit at my right hand, until I put your enemies under your feet.

I also noticed that the way this is rendered..is very obsure...this would be very hard to decifer if it were an English translation.

Could you give an understandable English Translation of this part? As an English speaker/reader...this makes no sense at all to me. It is also backward in word order of course, so in English word order it would read like this if "Lord" were used rather than "Marya" or "Master YHWH" ---> "Assuredly, then, let all the house of Israel know, that Lord and Meshiha hath Aloha made this Jeshu, whom you crucified."
-Etherige

Where are you getting the "of" here in your rendering "of-the-Lord and-the-Anointed" ?

And I notice that you have the Capital "L" back in the verse...seeming to my mind, that you want to make a distiction that this is God, "big Lord"...and not Yeshua, "little lord". Is this what you are wanting to convey? And if so or if not...does the lingistics force you to do this..or is this just your personal choice?

You renderd part of the verse thus: ---> "of-the-Lord and-the-Anointed made-him the-Alah, to-such-this Yeshua; of-yourselves, ye-crucified."

Blessings.

Messages In This Thread
Re: How does the AENT 4th edition compare to the others? - by Thirdwoe - 08-09-2011, 02:57 PM