Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome & Hebrew Font Code
!??kylv ??wlH
Shalom Y'all!

Welcome to the Nazarene/Messianic Judaism Forum! Special thanks to Paul Younan who has generously provided the wonderful tools and space for our use while we pursue HaShem's righteousness in the study of His Word! Thank you, Akhi Paul!

Since it is my hope that much of the discussion on this forum will include Hebrew and Aramaic passages and terms, here is a guide to typing Hebrew/Aramaic using the standard Ashuri (Assyrian) script.

First, if you need the Hebrew font (called Ashuri in the Talmud), open the Introducion file folder (in the upper-left margin) and select Fonts. Here you can download the SIL Ezra font to be installed into your font directory.

The quickest way I know is to type in the Hebrew/Aramaic words (backwards of course), highlite the text with the cursor, and then select the SIL Ezra font from the selector tab above your message box. One of the beautiful features of this forum software is that it allows you to preview your message BEFORE posting. I use this often to check spelling, etc... Also, members can go back and edit thier own posts.

Here is a key to the SIL Ezra KeyboardSadI've done my best to line up the letters!)

' b g d h wz x X yk l m n s v p c q r S W H t
' b g d h w z x X y k l m n s v p c q r S W H t

Here are the final forms:
?? Alt-0162
?? Alt-0163
?? Alt-0164
?? Alt-0165
?? Alt-0166

Vowels and cantilation marks are also available with the SIL Ezra font. One way to explore the font is by using a word processor. For instance, I use Micro@#$! Word and select 'Insert' and then 'Symbol' from the toolbar. Then you can see the key combination for each marking.

vwHy ??Hb ??wlHw ??x
Rob
<font face="Estrangelo (V1.1)" size="4">
hnm Lqt4n hl ty0d wh P0 hl tyld Nmw hl Bhytn ryg hl ty0d Nm
(w4y</font>