Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Um....are we sure Maryah always = LORD?
Burning one Wrote:
rungold315 Wrote:Matthew 13:27 is a PARABLE, so how in the world is it meant to be YHWH instead of "lord/sir"?

I was so confident before noticing this, and now I am a bit grieved.

Shlama,

are you referring to the English reading of the AENT, which reads "Master YHWH" ?

if so, please note that this is just an error, as the Peshitta text uses D'MARE' BAYTA, and not MARYA. does anyone know if this is corrected in the other printings?

Chayim b'Moshiach,
Jeremy

And there you go-it was a mistranslation after all. Which gets me irritated, because its also in the 3rd edition? I paid 65 bucks for a book full of typos in which the grammar structure of almost every other sentence is irregular and confusing. There are also many many many incomplete sentences.

For instance, "So, the man, having been healed, and seeing the marvelous works of Jesus." (This isnt a bible quote, just an example cause I am bible-less now)

And now I hear this mistake is also in the 3rd edition? C'mon Andrew Roth-your website doesnt answer emails, youve disappeared from this forum (coincidentally as soon as money started coming in for the AENT), and youve made it to 3 editions with still many typos? What was the point of the 2nd edition, if not money then?

I remember a guy under the name of Albion who was furious when receiving his first edition of the AENT, and I rebuked him for attacking Andrew, but Im sorry if I dont feel the same anymore.

In spite of all the typos, I thought the AENT was still a treasure because it showed me the lords from the LORDs, but now even this may not be correct all the time? I know Bible translating is not easy, but you cant help but be a little suspicious and disapproving of somebody when they make edition after edition without first making sure the first editions are 100% reviewed/edited.
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear Elohim, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. Ecc.12:13

Messages In This Thread
Re: Um....are we sure Maryah always = LORD? - by rungold315 - 01-12-2011, 08:14 PM