Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can I get some help
Hi Guys, having a debate with an oriental orthodox, please see below. The bolded parts are his responses.

Coptic attitude?

Who said that I was Coptic?

I have identified merely as Oriental Orthodox. The Coptic church is not the only Oriental Orthodox church.

Originally Posted by Christ's_Warrior
I am Assyrian and I would like to clarify that there are 3,000,000 ACOE members in the world not 300,000.

Cite your sources. All of the ones I have seen so far have identified there being 300,000 members of the CofE and 900,000 of the Uniate Chaldean church.Originally Posted by Christ's_Warrior
We were never kicked out of byzantine as we were apart of Eddessa

Quote:In 489 the Nestorians were kicked out of Edessa and had to flee to Nisibis.

and we were never a part of your Church.

Quote:You were part of the Communion of the One Universal Church and then left it.

We grew and developed independantly.

Quote:Then why was it necessary for Antioch to have representation at the 410 Council of Seleucia?
We never knew of Nestorious' existance,

Quote:What does it matter? Theodore of Mopsuestia is the real author of the Nestorian heresy, so the person of Nestorius is rather irrelevant.
our Christology is not nestorian

Quote:Word games. Your Christology is that of Theodore of Mopsuestia, which is heretical.
whom by the way are also full of hate and venom so i understand why you are the same.

Quote:I don't hate you. You assuming that I hate you because I think you are heretical and not part of the Church of Christ just goes to show how irrationally you are thinking.
Our Church like your Church was founded by the Apostles

Quote:Many churches founded by the Apostles have fallen away from the Apostolic faith.
Guys, can someone please please please articulate response for me as I am not sure of the historical background of these issues, God Bless you.
Why was Rafa's post deleted?

So no takers on giving me a hand brothers?