Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"MarYah deception" ???
Rafa Wrote:
Quote:According to Yesha`yahu

I still don't know who that person is. Maybe it is some sort of secret knowledge? I do know Blessed Maran Yeshua who is MARYAH come in the Flesh.

Something which might help mr.Yeremyah's ability to discern the proper name, the proper....spirit is in order:

By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God

and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God ; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

-1 John 4:2-3 (NASB deemed as closest to Peshitta)

Rafa,

First, I could show you so many errors in the NASB and every other "new" bible there is out that you would burn it in your living room. Secondly, my children are grown, so please, find someone else with whom you might play. While you sit upon your horse of pomposity and arrogance, there are others that are actually seeking the panayim of YHWH. If you have nothing positive to say to me, please I ask that you say nothing at all. And please, the adversary knows how to quote scriptures, so it's no surprise that you can also. Stay in peace.

Thanks, justalex
Rafa Wrote:
Quote:According to Yesha`yahu

I still don't know who that person is. Maybe it is some sort of secret knowledge? I do know Blessed Maran Yeshua who is MARYAH come in the Flesh.

Something which might help mr.Yeremyah's ability to discern the proper name, the proper....spirit is in order:

By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God

and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God ; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

-1 John 4:2-3 (NASB deemed as closest to Peshitta)

Rafa,

Thank you for bring this to the attention of the forum as indeed there is no such thing as "YAHUshua" published in any bible source or target text.

Peace in knowing Y'shua(Yeshua)/Jesus
Peace in knowing Y'shu(Yeshu)/Jesus
justalex Wrote:I found where Thomas is called "marya" in the Peshitta text. It is found in Yahuchanan/"John" 12:2-21 for those with a contentious NPhSh. So your statement that "marya" is only used for YHWH isn't quite accurate... We should all continue to study the scripture so we can all find ourselvs pleasing in the eyes of YHWH.

Actually they came to Phili not Thomas, also the Peshitta text list at John 12:21 "mary" ie. mar or mor (as pronounced respectively in eastern and western dialects, from Syriac: mar(y), written with a silent final yodh) is a title of respect in Syriac, literally meaning 'my lord'. It is given by custom to all bishops and saints. In the Aramaic lexicon "mar(y)" is listed as word number 12406, it is also the same word found in John 20:28.

In using marya, it is interesting that Peter revealed the "living stone" to be YHVH/YHWH, which in some scriptures is called the "chief cornerstone." Here is an extract from scripture, Pet 2:3-5 (1 Pet.):

1 Peter 2:3-5 (Aramaic to English - ECB)

3. if ever you taste that Yah Veh(MaRaYaA - 12408) is kind:

4. coming to him, a living stone;
disapproved indeed by humanity
but with Elohim(AaLaHeA - 906), select, honorable;

5. and you yourselves, as living stones,
are built a spiritual house
- a holy priesthood to offer spiritual sacrifices,
well-received to Elohim(AaLaHeA - 906) through Yah Shua Messiah.

1 Peter 2:3-5 (New International Version)

3. now that you have tasted that the Lord(G2962) is good.

4. As you come to him, the living Stone?rejected by humans but chosen by God and precious to him? 5. you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
Is not marya in John 8:11?
I'm a bit off topic here, but the woman in John 8:11 is actually answering Yeshua with a question of her own. The verse is not as the translators translate it.

In my opinion, John 8:11 is similar to Matthew 22: 43 & 45, where moryo` is not used as a specific reference to YHWH. And in all instances of morayo`, which is the plural form of moryo`, it is not used in reference to YHWH. Contextually, it does not seem possible for moryo` to represent the personal name for YHWH or an abbreviated personal name for YHWH. Instead, both moryo` and morayo` are likely translational euphemisms little different form the KJV using the phrase "the Lord", as a euphemism for YHWH.

At most, moryo` may be a type of denominative emphatic as in "that of the Lord", instead of just the "the Lord". This would allow moro` to be "the lord", as I think it may be. If so, then morayo` would be "that of the lords", instead of "the lords". Currently, I lean towards it being a type of denominative emphatic.
Aaron S Wrote:Is not marya in John 8:11?

Actually yes it was Philip however the Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon (CAL) lists both mry and mry` as having the definition of "master" not YHWH or Lord Yah and yes Aaron it (mry`) is found there also.

Also of note, in Maaseh Shlichiym 9:27 Shaul says he has seen, "l`marya" on the road to Damascus however that would contradict Yahuchanan/"John" Aleph 4:12 that "no man has seen YHWH at any time".

And also, isn't that "l'mryh" in Maaseh Shlichiym/Acts 16:16 and "mryh" in Maaseh Shlichiym/Acts 16:19 and both times it is speaking of the young girls "human" masters. This is actually the first time I have seen the entire acronym "mryh" used at all, I don't know if if it's used anywhere else.

Has anyone else seen this?

Thanks, justalex
Sorry for the confusion... I spoke presumptuously (as this portion of the text is not part of the Peshitta but is extracted from the Peshitto translation of Greek account(s) if I understand correctly). Though I think John 1:23, John 12:13, John 12:38 do contain marya proper.

As for Shaul's account, it's not too different to the "contradiction" found in Torah which says no man can see the face of YHWH and yet he speaks unto Mosheh face-to-face.

Mareih (mryh) is a natural derivation of mar with feminine possession (though one does not possess a master).
Aaron S Wrote:Sorry for the confusion... I spoke presumptuously (as this portion of the text is not part of the Peshitta but is extracted from the Peshitto translation of Greek account(s) if I understand correctly). Though I think John 1:23, John 12:13, John 12:38 do contain marya proper.

As for Shaul's account, it's not too different to the "contradiction" found in Torah which says no man can see the face of YHWH and yet he speaks unto Mosheh face-to-face.

Mareih (mryh) is a natural derivation of mar with feminine possession (though one does not possess a master).

Ok Aaron now aI'm really confused because I have the Peshita with the interlinear Hebrew fonts and it doesn't come out as "mareih" it's
"mem resh yod hey"... It doesn't have any vowel pointers so I can't go off those for pronunciation, so what gives??? Which peshitta are you using, that may be the difference.

Thanks, justalex
Oh and before I forget, the face to face in the TOWRAH isn't as you and I would be face to face I don't think (even though that would be something) remind's me of the song "I can only imagine"... I used to try to imagine that as well and it just didn't fit... Yaa`cob also said he saw "god's" face in Bereshiyth 32:30 (He named the place "Penu`EL" literally "the face of EL") after he wrestled the "man" until dawn. I won't even try to expain whether or not he wrestled a man (like Abraham saw before Sedom) or what, my guess it was the same as the "man" wouldn't reveal His name.

Thanks, justalex
justalex Wrote:Ok Aaron now aI'm really confused because I have the Peshita with the interlinear Hebrew fonts and it doesn't come out as "mareih" it's
"mem resh yod hey"... It doesn't have any vowel pointers so I can't go off those for pronunciation, so what gives??? Which peshitta are you using, that may be the difference.

Thanks, justalex

See this here page: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://dukhrana.com/peshitta/analyze_verse.php?verse=Acts+16:16">http://dukhrana.com/peshitta/analyze_ve ... Acts+16:16</a><!-- m -->
Aaron S Wrote:
justalex Wrote:Ok Aaron now aI'm really confused because I have the Peshita with the interlinear Hebrew fonts and it doesn't come out as "mareih" it's

Thanks, justalex

See this here page: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://dukhrana.com/peshitta/analyze_verse.php?verse=Acts+16:16">http://dukhrana.com/peshitta/analyze_ve ... Acts+16:16</a><!-- m -->

Ok I looked at it but the defintion says the exact same as the rest of the definitions, lord/master. I suppose this is why I when the "hey" is added and "marya" is changed to Mar Yah alarms start going off. I'm used to words and definitons that match but the lexicons never mention Lord Yah or YHWH at all. I appreciate the time and patience you're showing.

Thanks, justalex
Hey Aaron,

I think I found the word you were referrig to, only it's spelled mareyh in the dukrhana lexicon... I'm guessing it's the same word.

Thanks, justalex
Aaron S Wrote:Sorry for the confusion... I spoke presumptuously (as this portion of the text is not part of the Peshitta but is extracted from the Peshitto translation of Greek account(s) if I understand correctly). Though I think John 1:23, John 12:13, John 12:38 do contain marya proper.

I'm also sorry for introducing confusion and have edited my post concerning a statement that no "marya" appears in John.
justalex Wrote:

Actually yes it was Philip however the Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon (CAL) lists both mry and mry` as having the definition of "master" not YHWH or Lord Yah and yes Aaron it (mry`) is found there also.

Also of note, in Maaseh Shlichiym 9:27 Shaul says he has seen, "l`marya" on the road to Damascus however that would contradict Yahuchanan/"John" Aleph 4:12 that "no man has seen YHWH at any time".

And also, isn't that "l'mryh" in Maaseh Shlichiym/Acts 16:16 and "mryh" in Maaseh Shlichiym/Acts 16:19 and both times it is speaking of the young girls "human" masters. This is actually the first time I have seen the entire acronym "mryh" used at all, I don't know if if it's used anywhere else.

Thanks, justalex

Quote:Actually yes it was Philip however the Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon (CAL) lists both mry and mry` as having the definition of "master" not YHWH or Lord Yah and yes Aaron it (mry`) is found there also.

John 1:1-11, commonly found in the Greek source text, with the story of the woman taken in adultery has never been in the original Aramaic Peshitta.

So, how could CAL, concerning the original Aramaic Peshitta, reference John 8:11 for a word "lord/master"?

Quote:Also of note, in Maaseh Shlichiym 9:27 Shaul says he has seen, "l`marya" on the road to Damascus however that would contradict Yahuchanan/"John" Aleph 4:12 that "no man has seen YHWH at any time".

More completely, straight from the interlinear Peshitta text, it is written:

John 1:18 - God, not has seen man ever, the Only-Begotten God, He who is in the bosom of His Father, He has declared Him

Also, please consider...

John 14:8 - Said to him Peleepos, our Lord, show us the Father and it will satisfy us...
said to him Yeshua, all this time I am with you, and you do not know me Peleepa? Whoever sees me sees the father, and how do say you "show us the father?"

Quote:And also, isn't that "l'mryh" in Maaseh Shlichiym/Acts 16:16 and "mryh" in Maaseh Shlichiym/Acts 16:19 and both times it is speaking of the young girls "human" masters. This is actually the first time I have seen the entire acronym "mryh" used at all, I don't know if if it's used anywhere else.

Neither of the words mryh(lords) or lmryh(masters) would be a place holder for YHVH/YHWH. The Peshitta seems to have distinctively set mrya only for YHVH/YHWH throughout it's text from it's very origin. Which btw positively id's the early disciples knowledge of Y'shua being both man and YHVH/YHWH (John 1:1,14).
whathell Wrote:
justalex Wrote:

Thanks, justalex

Quote:Actually yes it was Philip however the Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon (CAL) lists both mry and mry` as having the definition of "master" not YHWH or Lord Yah and yes Aaron it (mry`) is found there also.

John 1:1-11, commonly found in the Greek source text, with the story of the woman taken in adultery has never been in the original Aramaic Peshitta.

So, how could CAL, concerning the original Aramaic Peshitta, reference John 8:11 for a word "lord/master"?

Quote:Also of note, in Maaseh Shlichiym 9:27 Shaul says he has seen, "l`marya" on the road to Damascus however that would contradict Yahuchanan/"John" Aleph 4:12 that "no man has seen YHWH at any time".

More completely, straight from the interlinear Peshitta text, it is written:

John 1:18 - God, not has seen man ever, the Only-Begotten God, He who is in the bosom of His Father, He has declared Him

Also, please consider...

John 14:8 - Said to him Peleepos, our Lord, show us the Father and it will satisfy us...
said to him Yeshua, all this time I am with you, and you do not know me Peleepa? Whoever sees me sees the father, and how do say you "show us the father?"

Quote:And also, isn't that "l'mryh" in Maaseh Shlichiym/Acts 16:16 and "mryh" in Maaseh Shlichiym/Acts 16:19 and both times it is speaking of the young girls "human" masters. This is actually the first time I have seen the entire acronym "mryh" used at all, I don't know if if it's used anywhere else.

Neither of the words mryh(lords) or lmryh(masters) would be a place holder for YHVH/YHWH. The Peshitta seems to have distinctively set mrya only for YHVH/YHWH throughout it's text from it's very origin. Which btw positively id's the early disciples knowledge of Y'shua being both man and YHVH/YHWH (John 1:1,14).

A "placeholder"? A "placeholder" for the name of YHWH. Well why not just stick with "lord" and "god" since you're using "placeholders" anyway. You don't need a foreign language to have "placeholders". I wonder why YHWH gave us HIS NAME, HIS INEFFABLE NAME, if HE wanted us to use
"placeholders"? However, if a "placeholder" is ok for you, then so be it unto you.

Stay in peace. justalex