Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Concerning the Cross and the Pole
Rafa Wrote:Hmmm....haven't found the exact passage yet akhi. It is possible that the commentary I was reading was making the assumption that since the meaning of Taw is "mark" that this was the mark given to Qayin. I read two very interesting things on the meaning of the Taw though (you probably know them) : The Taw is the last word letter in emet (truth), if you rub out the last letter you obtain the word "death". Likewise while emet is composed of the first, middle and last letters of the alphabet, Sheqer (falsehood) is composed of the last few letters. Truth is all encompassing, falsehood is a narrow path. Sound familiar? The Way of Life and the way of death (as the didache a good summary of Apostolic teachings describes it). I found that interesting.

Shlama akhi,

ah, yes, i've seen those interpretations, as well - very cool! if you are interested in such insights, you should check out THE WISDOM IN THE HEBREW ALPHABET, by Rabbi Michael Munk, and IN HIS OWN WORDS, by L. Grant Luton, which is similar, but from the point of view of a follower of Messiah. both are really great reads. then, of course, if you pay careful attention to the nuances of the Hebrew in Scripture, you will find further insights that offer clarification and depth not found in translations.

Chayim b'Moshiach,
Jeremy

Messages In This Thread
Concerning the Cross and the Pole - by roottoor - 10-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Re: Concerning the Cross and the Pole - by sean - 10-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Re: Concerning the Cross and the Pole - by Burning one - 10-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Re: Concerning the Cross and the Pole - by Havah - 12-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Re: Concerning the Cross and the Pole - by Havah - 02-26-2011, 10:21 AM
Re: Concerning the Cross and the Pole - by dr p - 03-01-2011, 05:26 PM