Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quotation Comparison
Shlama Akhi Aaron:
I suggest that you get in touch with Lars Lindgren via Dukhrana Biblical Research. Your computing skills may be an asset that can be immediately used to further research in Aramaic Promacy. Dukhrana needs to crosslink with the TaNaK and with your skills and background you may be able to accomplish something useful there. We're non-profit but are open to financial assistance as the need arises, and as the LORD leads.

Shlama,
Stephen,
Dukhrana Biblical Research
<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.dukhrana.com">www.dukhrana.com</a><!-- w -->

Aaron S Wrote:I recently graduated from the University of Illinois at Chicago majoring in Computer Science and wanted to use my CS skills to help further developments in Aramaic research by providing data sets. I am not fluent in any of the aforementioned languages, but I can work with all three of them with the aid of study tools.
There are plenty of works out there showing verses that draw from wording found in Tanakh (i.e. paraphrase). This work is more for showing which quotes in manuscripts of the Apostolic Writ are more congruent with their respective sources. Many a time that it is said, "Paul quotes from the LXX here." The odds need to be evened by critically evaluating both Aramaic and Greek texts. One of the things I've noticed is that the congruency varies from book to book.

Cross-referencing each word with Strong's and Dukhrana numbers would be quite the undertaking, as there is no practical way to automate such a transition. I am willing to do it, but because of my lack of expertise in the languages, I will not be able to find some of the corresponding numbers; it is also the case that many of these words from the sources are not documented by Strong's or Dukhrana. (Strong's Hebrew does document some Aramaic words that don't appear in the Peshitta though, and that could be used as a reference)

CAL has its own textual analysis tool useful for seeing the Peshitta Tanakh text. Dukhrana has a textual analysis tool for the Peshitta text. And there are many resources useful for analysis of LXX and Apostolic Writ texts. Please give me more thoughts on this...because I am not sure which way to go on this one because much much more work would have to be put in for such a feature.

Hebrew Matthew doesn't really matter that much since it has no place in ancient writings... it was just given as a control.

To see the true extent of the amount of data required for the project, see the XML used to produce the web files.

Edit:
I just added all of the variants in the Khabouris text quotes to the projects. For the most part in quotes, Khabouris is verbatim to 1905. I've also just modified the cache to only store for 1 hour.

Messages In This Thread
Quotation Comparison - by Aaron S - 08-09-2010, 02:44 AM
Re: Quotation Comparison - by Aaron S - 09-25-2010, 07:59 AM
Re: Quotation Comparison - by Andrej - 09-25-2010, 09:42 PM
Re: Quotation Comparison - by Aaron S - 09-25-2010, 09:49 PM
Re: Quotation Comparison - by Andrej - 09-25-2010, 11:21 PM
Re: Quotation Comparison - by Aaron S - 09-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Re: Quotation Comparison - by Stephen Silver - 09-26-2010, 06:12 PM
Re: Quotation Comparison - by Aaron S - 09-30-2010, 02:52 AM
Re: Quotation Comparison - by Andrej - 09-30-2010, 08:38 AM
Re: Quotation Comparison - by Aaron S - 10-01-2010, 08:36 AM
Re: Quotation Comparison - by Lars Lindgren - 10-01-2010, 07:00 PM