Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revision of AENT?
I remember last year was when I last logged into this site, and Andrew, you mentioned a revision of the AENT. Now was this eventual 2nd edition only due to typo errors, or will there be other changes? (if you still plan on making one). The AENT is pretty difficult to read, at least for me, due to two reasons-

1. The fact that it is so literal that it sometimes just doesnt make any sense or the sentence structure/grammar is really off.

2. Over-hebraicism- It would be cool to read the AENT with everybody's name in pure English except for Yeshua and YHWH. It just makes it a lot easier to read about Simon Peter, Andrew, Matthew as opposed to the transliterations, but my troubles are mostly with PLACES like Galilee and stuff. This is because I, as well as many others, grew up reading typical English translations and when one has to re-memorize all these names and stuff, it sort of proves to be an unncessary hassle.
Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear Elohim, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man. Ecc.12:13
Shlama Achi

The second edition has already been published and I believe shall continue into a third edition some time.

Here's my take on the names thing (I shall use t13n as abbreviation of transliteration): The 'English' names are not really English at all; they developed from English t13ns/mist13ns of Greek t13ns/mist13ns of Aramaic names or Aramaic t13ns of Hebrew names. I'm compiling a database for Andrew that can be turned into a Glossary and Reverse Glossary (like the Complete Jewish Bible if you've read that before) and he'll review it and may add it to the third edition or make it available externally.