Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Dont Know If This Should Go Here
Shlama,

I stumbled across the following "parallel" of manna and the Messiah recently during study. I don???t know what category this would be considered to fall under, if any:

Shemoth (Exodus) 16:15 tells us:
???wh???h??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????H???????????????????????????????????????H?????????????????????????????????
And the sons of Israel saw, and they said, each man to his brother, ???What is it???? For not did they know what it was???

The miraculous appearance of the manna was so unlike anything they had experienced before, that the people were unsure about it???s very nature. The significant thing to note here is what they spoke aloud: ????????????????? ???Mahn hu???? ???What is it???? This could otherwise be read as ???What/who is it/he????

Another passage of Scripture gives us a second detail about it???s appearance, in Bemidbar (Numbers) 11:7 --

???????????????????????????????????
And the manna was like the seed of coriander???

The word for ???coriander??? in the Hebrew is dg, and has as its meaning the idea of ???wounding.??? One look at a coriander seed will show what appears to be wounds upon it, and so in essence, the manna looked like it had been beaten or wounded.

Moving on to the book of YeshaYahu (Isaiah) 53:4-5, the following is declared concerning the Messiah:

4 Truly, He has borne our sicknesses and carried our pains. Yet we reckoned Him stricken, smitten by Elohim and afflicted.
5 But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our crookedness. The chastisement for our peace was upon him, and by His stripes we are healed.

He was to undergo a horrific experience at the hands of men because of the sin of man. He was to be beaten and mistreated before His death.

During His ministry, Yeshua made this personal link to that manna once given in the wilderness:

Yukhanan (John) 6:51
[font=Estrangelo (V1.1)]ttxn 0ym4 Nmd 0yx 0mxl 0n0 0n0
Ml9l 0xn 0mxl 0nh Nm Lwk0n $n0 J0w
wh Yrgp Lt0 0n0d 0ny0 0mxlw
0n0 Bhy 0ml9d Yhwyx Yp0 L9d
[/font]
I am the Living Bread who has come down from heaven.
And if a man should eat from this Bread he shall live forever.
And the bread which I give is My body.
For the sake of the life of the world I give it.

And finally, we read of Him truly giving His body to be beaten as bread for the world, in the book of Mattai (Matthew) 26:67-68,

[font=Estrangelo (V1.1)]hl wwh Nyxpqmw Yhwp0b wqr Nydyh
0bnt0 Nyrm0w hl wwh Nyxm Nyd 0nrx0
Kxmd wh wnm 0xy4m Nl
[/font]

67 Then they spit on His face and were striking His head, and others were beating Him.
68 And they were saying, ???Prophesy to us, Messiah! Who is he who struck you????

The phrase in verse 68, [font=Estrangelo (V1.1)]wh wnm[/font] ???Manu ha??? -- ???Who is he??? is practically identical with the Hebrew phrase ????????????????? ???Mahn hu???? -- ???What is it???? So many years before, the Hebrew people looked upon the manna for the first time in the wilderness, which they likened in appearance to coriander seed (beaten seed), and asked the question in Hebrew, ???Mahn hu???? Fast-forward into the future to the beating of the Messiah, and the people again utter basically the same question, but in Aramaic, ???Manu ha???? and this time to the true Manna from heaven. I found this to be too much of a coincidence to ignore, in light of the comparison made between Messiah and the manna.

Any thoughts or further insight would be appreciated.

Chayim b???Moshiach,
Jeremy

Messages In This Thread
I Dont Know If This Should Go Here - by Burning one - 09-30-2008, 05:39 AM