Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major difference between MARI/PEACE and Bauscher's NT
Shlama,

First, thanks to Ryan for his kind post.

Things are tough, but when things get tough, the tough turn to Alaha.

To the enemy, I may be set back, but here I am writing at Peshitta.org despite your best efforts.

About the differences between Dave Bauscher's New Testament, and Matthew's Gospel of Mari/P.E.A.C.E.

Think about Lamsa's New Testament, it was only a fair version of the P'shitta NT.

To say the very best................

Bauscher's Plain English Aramaic NT is far ahead of Lamsa's NT.

But Mari is LIGHT YEARS ahead of Bauscher's NT!

I would personally would call it "a Nazarene" translation of the Eastern P'shitta NT.

It avoids using terms like "Jehovah" that are what I call "ghost words".

It is a Faithful rendering of the Eastern Syriac P'shitta into modern English done with precision and skill by a very talented translator......Andrew Gabriel Roth.

All I read was Matthew's Gospel, but I suggest that you go and read my review of said document.

I was, and still am, extremely impressed with Mari/P.E.A.C.E.!!

It so much better than Bauscher's translation that there is really NO comparing the two.

I have Bauscher's Plain English NT, and his Four Gospels Interlinear.

Neither of these even come close to the power and spiritual substance of Mari. PERIOD.

If you DON'T purchase a copy of Mari/P.E.A.C.E., I will tell you that you will miss the nearest that we're gonna ever have to a "perfect" translation of the P'shitta NT.

And I don't mean to say ANY of this to attack Dave Bauscher. Yes, it's true that I am, it's fair to say, still upset by his brazen and evil attack on Andrew, but he fell to the enemy's attack, and suffice it to say, the enemy is active on this List right now.

But Dave still KNEW BETTER then to attack Andrew in such a manner.

If your looking for a really studious translation of the Peshitta, I sincerely encourage you to consider buying Mari/P.E.A.C.E. .................If not, it'll be your loss.

The language is really the Eastern Syriac text superbly translated with a sort of Nazarene/Messianic feel to it.

If you can read just a little transliterated Syriac, which most of us here CAN, your gonna LOVE this translation!

It's NOT translated from a modern "Christian" world view either, but is much more of an ancient Aramaic to English translation.

Frankly, some of Dave's work reflects his own Baptist world view, and Andrew's Mari is Light Years ahead of this, as I said earlier.

There is more that I could say, but I've probably said too much already.

Apologies if I offended anyone here with anything that I said.

"Behold, I saw satan fall like lightning...................."

Shlama all, Albion

Messages In This Thread
Re: Major difference between MARI/PEACE and Bauscher's NT - by *Albion* - 09-04-2008, 05:04 PM
Beard stuff - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 09-06-2008, 03:58 AM