Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message To Andrew Gabriel Roth
Shlama Akhi Rafa,

Baruch has great plans for publicizing Mari...and if you could see my inbox in my personal email you would have no doubts about the excellent prospects for wide dissemination of the work. Without trying to sound too boastful, it is a fact that the release of Mari is a global event with a global scope.

As for my behavior, it will not be affected in any way from where I have always been. In the end, it is not about me at all and I will not give into fear. If I had, I never would have been able to do this.

I appreciate your concerns Akhi but I feel that whole "guilt by association" thing especially with respect to Hebrew Matthew as you call it (which one?--there are 3--I assume you mean Dutillet or Shem Tob) is not founded. The larger matter I believe is contrasting Peshitta with the more familar Greek NT and overcoming (or at least stating the case) for Aramaic primacy over the Greek. I truly believe that I have never encountered anyone ever who, if conversant on the claims of the three medieval Hebrew mss of Matthew, did not also have an open mind to and exposure with the Peshitta text. I don't think it likely for many folks to be aware of one and ignorant of the other. Same with Old Syriac and the other two.

Over the past 3+ weeks I have had I think a good track record at explaining the basics of Aramaic NT primacy to folks who are not even strong in understanding the NT from the Greek, people who have a general interest but very un-specialized biblical knowledge. It is my hope that Mari is written in a plain enough style that any layperson with average biblical interest can properly evaluate it, but only time will tell. As of right now, I am one of only 4 people who has seen the work, including Albion, and he only saw Matthew.

Hang on Akhi Rafa--what is coming will come regardless of anything to do with or to happen to me.

Shlama w'burkate
Andrew Gabriel Roth

Messages In This Thread
Message To Andrew Gabriel Roth - by *Albion* - 08-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Re: Message To Andrew Gabriel Roth - by *Albion* - 08-27-2008, 03:29 AM
Re: Message To Andrew Gabriel Roth - by Andrew Gabriel Roth - 08-27-2008, 04:46 PM
Re: Message To Andrew Gabriel Roth - by *Albion* - 08-27-2008, 06:55 PM