Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mattai 28:1 A question regarding the word 'first of the week
Dear Paul, inspite of your assumptions about me or any intended beliefs on my part you are unfortunately misguided. I started out (and have stuck with) asking questions about the Aramaic language pertaining to references made in English (translation?).
If, as you are assuming, that I believe (from the scriptures) in a Sabbath resurrection, then you too are misguided (and I hate to break this to you), as I don't!
I do, however, find it curious, that the peshitta texts omit to state that the Sabbath 'lighted' up, as the Greek texts do (perhaps a real blessing that the Greek language has preserved the Jewish tradition of 'lighting up').
I find it also curious that the rendering in the King James Version "in the end of the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first day of the week, came Mary Magdalene and the other Mary to see the sepulchre", which is as we know, taken from the Textus Receptus.
Forgive me for appearing to be 'suspicious' but the comparison is so similar it's scary! Hence my questions and reasonings...

Shalom,

Mark

Messages In This Thread
Re: Mattai 28:1 A question regarding the word 'first of the week - by markt - 08-14-2008, 09:19 AM