Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mattai 28:1 A question regarding the word 'first of the week
Dear Stephen, thank you for your concise reply. I do, however, take exception to your judging 'I hope you are not building a case for Yeshua rising on the Sabbath'. Are you by inference saying that you have 'preconceived doctrinal beliefs?' We need to divest ourselves of these and seek answers solely from the Word of YHWH. Surely you will agree on this? Let us continue then...
Thirdwoe states: "For a 7th day resurrection, He would then have had to come out of the tomb before sun-down on Saturday evening....This would make the Scriptures in error in many places."Is there a problem with this? (And I am not saying that He did).But do the scriptures 'plainly say' that He arose on Sunday?
I have to agree with Paul on this matter when he states 'that the tomb was found to be empty (Sunday debatable)'.
My question was not around the resurrection and when but how the translators converted the Aramaic into our English. So I come back to my original question asking 'when was the twilight of the Sabbath?' From the many replies it seems that we interpret the lighting up (at the beginning) and 'twilight of the Sabbath' (at the end) differently. This is because of the wording 'of the week the first as it was twilight of the Sabbath, now in the evening. So the scriptures then go on to say that the 2 Miriams came to the tomb to find that He was risen. How can 'evening' be interpreted as 'dawning?' Remembering and observing Shabbat I have not heard the rendering 'twilight of the Sabbath, now in the evening' to refer to Saturday night. Please someone enlighten me. Also, what were the 2 Miriams doing walking to the tomb during the Sabbath? Of course, they were not, 'according to the command'.
I understand clearly the phrase 'first of the week' to mean Saturday at sundown. It was good of Sean to quote from the Tanakh in referring to the timing of the feasts. Without this we have no idea but fortunately, we know that Yeshua kept the Torah.
Anyway, back to my question please..................

Kind regards,

Mark

Messages In This Thread
Re: Mattai 28:1 A question regarding the word 'first of the week - by markt - 08-08-2008, 08:07 AM