Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Revelation, written on Patmos after Nero?
Shlama Brother Henry,

You posted the very same post on May 9th. The "defective spelling" is misleading, as if to say it is incorrect. "Defective spellings" occur in The Hebrew Bible as well as The Peshitta; they are merely shortened spellings of a name which drop a silent letter or two and are pronounced alike because an unwritten vowel or vowel point takes its place. "Defective spellings" are every bit as correct as plenary spellings. I mentioned this after you posted this the first time.

Blessings,

Dave
Hi Brother Dave,
Many thanks for your posts and enlightening info.
Sorry about repeating the post; at first I though I failed to post it properly.
It could be Nero that John was writing about (most probably he was) and I am sure he had a reason unknown to us yet as why he didn???t mention the real name of this beast. But I don???t get myself bogged in such arguments that don???t build the believer in Jesus Christ, whatever and whoever 666 was based on words in any language. As I mentioned in my post that: what is utmost important for wise believers is not identifying the beast as a person, but to discern any such beast today from what he demands, and to expect and be certain of persecution at the hands of such people/systems/(the ....isms of our days and coming days) against all those who believe, confess and preach the Gospel of Christ crucified and Christ???s Lordship, and yet at the same time the assurance and certainty of victory in Christ and His judgement upon those who persecute His body the true Church of Christ (as we discover this fact within the context of the book of Revelation); hence and as Christians we don???t have to be afraid, confused or bewildered as if this was not expected to happen ever to us anytime anywhere.
This is what the Holy and eternal Word of God is teaching us in this section and book.
People are, and according to the spirit of this age, fascinated about mysteries, secrets, codes, conspiracy theories ???etc; so even some Christians are mislead into non beneficial interpretations of the Bible. The Word of God in both Testaments is not a coded message; the Gospel is not a coded message. How can a coded message tell me/you anything about human sins and sinful fallen confused and unrighteous nature, and condemned before God? More importantly, how can a coded message tell me anything about God? This would be against what Paul teaches in (Romans 1:18-20)!
The Old Testament as a whole is a prophecy about the person and work of Jesus Christ the Son of God for salvation and judgement, a prophecy that was fulfilled according to the New Testament in Jesus??? first coming and awaits farther fulfilment in his second coming; the Righteousness of God necessary for salvation that was concealed in the Old Testament has been revealed now in Jesus Christ, through faith in Christ Jesus alone; there is no coded message here, rather a clear message. This is how we should read the Word of God.
Yours in Him
Pastor Henry
Shlama Akhi Henry,

So we agree, essentially about Revelation and Nero. I agree also that the word of God and the message of the Gospel is not coded and is plainly written
as the New Testament revelation of our Lord Marya Yeshua's death for our sins, his burial and resurrection on the third day, according to the scriptures.
He has accomplished the atonement and effected the New Covenant with His own blood and death. By His resurrection He gives us eternal Life and Righteousness by His Holy Spirit, Whom He has sent into the hearts of all who trust in Him. That is our faith, hope and joy.

So excited am I with The Peshitta New Testament's original Aramaic message that I have written and published two translations of it, one as an interlinear and the other as a plain idiomatic English rendering taken from my interlinear. My books are available from my web site: aramaicnt.com

Are you also a Peshitta primacist?

Blessings in our Savior and Lord,

Dave
"I agree also that the word of God and the message of the Gospel is not coded and is plainly written as the New Testament revelation of our Lord Marya Yeshua's death for our sins, his burial and resurrection on the third day, according to the scriptures. He has accomplished the atonement and effected the New Covenant with His own blood and death. By His resurrection He gives us eternal Life and Righteousness by His Holy Spirit, Whom He has sent into the hearts of all who trust in Him. That is our faith, hope and joy."

Amen and Amen to these words; can we or any beleiver ever stop glorifying and praising Him for all that our Lord Yeshua Mshikha khqira shemmo did for us!? By His Grace we shall praise Him forever and ever. Let His Word and Holy Spirit guide us in our worship and daily life and in the safe teaching of the Prophets and the Apostles, and be faithful witnesses.

I am new to Peshitta and I am reading all that is published about its primacy, and what Paul Younan had written about this issue too. Whenever I prepare for preaching and come across words that needs deeper understanding then I have more than on translation, and I find KJV very close to Peshitta.

Thank you for pointing to NT Peshitta, and I would like to have (buy) a copy. do you ship books to United Kingdom (UK)? because I live in the UK.
May the Grace of our Lord keep you and all family in His mercy and love till He returns.
yours in Christ
Henry
Shlama Akhi Henry,

My books are published through Lulu.com and are shipped to UK, as well as just about anywhere in the world.

Taybutha w'burkta b'Yeshua,

Dave
I agree with you, Dave Bauscher. Apollonius of Tyana specifically states that Nero was called a ?beast': "In my travels, which have been wider than ever man yet accomplished, I have seen man, many wild beasts of Arabia and India; but this beast, that is commonly called a Tyrant, I know not how many heads it has, nor if it be crooked of claw, and armed with horrible fangs. ... And of wild beasts you cannot say that they were ever known to eat their own mother, but Nero has gorged himself on this diet."

You can this from this wikipedia website.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beast_(preterism">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beast_(preterism</a><!-- m -->)